Build session at Tugboats 10 MAY 08

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Food, fun, comeraderie! The build session will be on the 17th or the 24th, I'd like feedback on which is good for you guys. The 17th is Armed Forces Day, so that'd be cool, but I know a lot of people do stuff for the holiday. So let me know when you want your burgers and dogs :)

2. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

It would all depend on me having a day off work on the day other would want to have it.

3. Tugboat

Actually, I just saw Rick's posting of a battle on the 17th. I'm thinking the build & bull should hop to the 10th. Is that better or worse for you? Brian K was just over to play :) and can make the 10th.

4. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Clark my issue is It is a trip from atlanta. That and I normally have no clue for time off but at most 2 weeks out.

5. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

i need to go to a buils section i just need to know what to get for my konig. it was offered up to build my cannons a a setion instead of me buying them.

6. Tugboat

Definately do-able, Zack. I'll talk to Brian and Pete and we'll get a list of parts you'll need to make your guns. Brian and Pete make a lot of guns, they'll be good help. Here is the list of non-cannon stuff you'll need to build your Konig, assuming you go with all Battler's Connection parts. They are listed on the same page as the Konig hull on the BC website.

As for what you need to build the Konig:
    -Konig ship kit ($265)
    (by the time you order the wood for the deck, cut it yourself and fit it, it's easily worth the extra $$)
    -Hardware kit ($100) (motors, gearboxes, driveshafts, propellors, rudders)
    -Bilge pump ($30)
    -Balsa wood - we should have enough around to sheet a Konig
    -CO2 Bottle ($55)
    -Regulator ($34)
    -Radio ($179) (Spektrum DX-6i)

Realistically, we won't be able to do all this in one build session. BUT, there will be many build sessions over the summer. If I was going to recommend the bare essentials to get started, I'd say order the ship kit,the deck kit, and the hardware kit. That's enough to get started. Give it 2 or 3 build sessions and you'll be able to drive it around in my pool.

7. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

so all i should get for now is the ship kit,the deck kit, and the hardware kit? and wow at the price of one ship lol

8. Tugboat

Really, if you get the ship kit, that's a good start for a build session, getting the subdeck fitted and epoxied into the hull, the deck fitted, and the windows cut. Unfortunately, the cost is a factor that does not favor you with a 5-unit ship. But if you love the ship, then that's how it is :)

9. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

It seems my dad is going to delay his buying of his ship for a bit, but I am working on making it happen with mom. After all Dad gets another year older in about a week.

10. Tugboat

Is his heart set on Axis? If he's not Dark Side fixated, I might be able to hook him up.

11. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

The Force is strong in this one it is yes [:p]

12. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Honestly I am not sure if he is Dark Side fixated like me. I think he basically wants a good manoverable boat that will allow him to shoot from the bow more than anything. So Fair only WWI Axis boats seem best suited for this purpose.

13. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

well tell him chopchop lol

14. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Zack my dad is more fixated on helping me get a very modified car of mine back on the road again. We still have to correct some axel seals that are leaking at the transmission and also replace bad ball joints on the A-arms. So if he gets a ship It will come from me and Mom surprising him with it.

15. Tugboat

Ball joints aren't so bad. Is the leaky seal on the tranny one of those that you have to dismantle the tranny to replace?

16. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Thakfully it is just the outter seals.

17. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

i was just jokeing dant take it so serriously

18. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

i think i might go with a diff ship that one is a lil pricy. what should i get for the von der tan. i was told that is a good starter ship. i will hope in future to get the konig

19. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Sorry was seeing the joke. I am a bit too serious at times.