BUILD SESSION FEB 29TH!!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The Feb 29th build session will be hosted in Savannah by Pete Dmitri. We will be working pondside (yes, there IS electricity there for tools), and the Efstavi will run around the pond after she gets sheeted!
    Anyone else game?

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

im jealous that you guys have open water this time of year. the local watering pond wont unfreeze for a few more weeks at the earliest

3. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Tugboat not to sound mean, but I think you mean March 1st. So wish I could be there but I am working that weekend and well you know how it goes when you gotta work on weekends. For those that do make it I am sure this will make a great build session. Guys like Herr Bauers could also have a ship running on the water if they get the few things they they and stuff figured out.

4. Tugboat

It doesn't sound mean... I got the date from Pete, and didn't do a quality control check on it :)

5. MotoPhoto

MotoPhoto Member

I had hoped to drive down but that's looking iffy right now.

6. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

i was told 1st of march

7. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

It is March 1st that the build is happening. If not for work I would come down. I am close to having a skinned Konig Class finally and even closer to having the Des Moines ready to hit the water again as all the electronics are nearly waterproofed and not the mounts will be made for them. Gone no Water Proof box in her.

8. Tugboat

It's March 1st, Zack, I'm wrong :) You guys coming?

9. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

shure are; just where is it everyone says the lake.....

10. Tugboat

Get on I-16 towards Savannah
    Take the Bloomingdale Rd exit (Go Right). This is I-17, which changes name to Little Neck Rd. Follow it about 4 miles till you see Bush Rd on the right. (Go Right).
    Maybe a quarter-mile in on the left is the park.
    I am sending a pm with my cell phone number just in case. Below is a link with the map:

http://www.mwci.org/eventinfo.shtml?109_1_16_34

11. Tugboat

The Build session has been moved to Pete D's house in view of the inclement weather.... Zack, if you read this, email Pete or Brian, as they know how to get there! I don't :( but I'm following Brian in convoy.

12. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

How is Zack's VDT looking, last I saw he did a great job on the subdeck install, but that was awhile ago.

13. Tugboat

Last I saw (on the first), it was ROCKIN'. We spent a bunch of time with tape marking where they should cut the hull, and Pete helped them put in the propshafts and gearboxes. Pete D is quite the craftsman and I learned some new tricks of the trade :) He and Brian and I also talked about casting things; I've been doing research for them, and the new high detail turrets look very slick. Since Pete gave me his old KGV hull (he's starting a new KGV!), I'm working on turret plugs. I have Ralphs originals, the new ones will be high detail like Brian's Vanguard and Iron Duke turrets.

14. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

yes im loving it. soon to reinforce the sub deck then i have no idea. my hopes are to be using my own boat ASP!

15. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Sounds good, we hope to see you battling sometimes this year.