Build Session in Houston Feb 14 2015 @ Johnny's House

Discussion in 'Texas Naval Brigade' started by jadfer, Feb 11, 2015.

1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I am having an impromptu session @ my house this weekend. Bring your projects and lets get them ready for the next event. We will probably do lunch at 12.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

The event was a big success as we were able to get all of the local active battlers to stop by. We welcomed our newest member, Tony, who brought out his new DKM Lutzow he recently purchased as ready to battle ship. It needs a little work but is in very good condition and all systems checked out. He is going to put in an IRC legal rudder at the next build session.

Doug brought out his laser cut cruiser, I cant remember what it is. It's coming along and he should be able to finish it in the next few months.

Ted brought out the DKM Scharny and used the tank to ballast and re-waterline the ship after some weight removal.

Brian brought out his .. new to him.. Westphalen and its a great looking ship. Looks like we be seeing a lot of these in the IRC this year.

Johnny.... just took the opportunity to clean up for the event.... hahaha

Next event is Build Session @ Doug's House

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Totally awesome :) I love it when a bunch of captains get together :) Did you get any pics of the Westfalen?

4. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

(Let's see how well images post from an iPhone)

It's pretty much stripped bare right now. Only the gear box and rudder posts remain. Taking out all of the old 1990s tech and bringing it up to date.

Swapped to a prop shop cast prop yesterday from the mangled swampy ex-prop it carried. Still need to get a kort prop for it as this is standard prop left over from 2010 on the Duke.

She received nice new cast rudders tonight (much easier to make 1 good rudder out of wood, mold it and then cast the actual production rudders for the ship).

Have a couple of hull issues left to clean up this week before I get serious about installing new gear. Plus a few parts still need to be ordered.

Should be back together in time for the Tangler.