Build Session in Houston Texas @ Doug's House Feb 28th

Discussion in 'Texas Naval Brigade' started by jadfer, Feb 11, 2015.

1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Doug is hosting a build meeting so we can keep the rookies on track. Our new Houston rookie should have their recently acquired Graf Spee in hand for testing and prep for the Brouhaha.

Try to make it out if you can. Pizza buffet for lunch.

See you there.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

We had a decent turn out for the Build session. Tony brought his Lutzow and we worked on the wiring and new larger rudder. It is a very nice ship that Brandon built but too many connectors for a new guy to keep track of so we are reducing connectors as well as using color-coded Anderson power poles so there are no mistakes when connecting devices. We were lucky as a connector was plugged in wrong and the magic smoke was released... but we lost nothing thankfully.. I think it was just wire and/or connector coating that smoked.

Doug worked on the superstructure for his Allied cruiser, I don't know what it is. He also made hot dogs for the group... whole grain buns.. .c'mon don't spoil my evil lunch with that!!!

Ted brought out the Big Scharney and mostly assisted with the Lutzow.

I brought out the DEATH BADEN and stripped old balsa off so I can finish sheeting this week.

So we got 4 out of 5 and made some progress. We are planning to take Tony and the gang out to H & H Ranch (site for Houston Nats) for some non-combat driving so Tony can learn to drive his boat.

We are planning to finish his wiring next weekend so he is very close to putting it on the water.

We had a great time and looking forward to getting our new Rookie in shape asap.

See ya

Johnny

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

This is one of the best things I've picked up on doing as well. When you need to disassemble and reassemble your electrical between sorties to solve something it cannot be beat.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Super cool to get the new guy closer to being on the water! Well done, Texas bros!

5. PrepmasterNick

PrepmasterNick Active Member

Anymore build sessions coming up in the Houston area?

6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

We are going to work on boats this weekend and then go and drive them in advance of the brouhaha. After that we will have a build session or two in April/May as well getting ready for Tangler and Nats.

7. PrepmasterNick

That's what's up. If I don't get to work on my truck this weekend, I'll see about heading that way.

8. PrepmasterNick

Made it to the Apr. 11th meeting. Got crackin on the Suffren. Looking forward to it not acting like a barge anymore.