Built Just for You...Hulls, fittings, turrets, wood decks and more...

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Rich, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Tengo un mono loco en mi bolsillo:woot:

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Very nice detailed products.

Now let's ask the question I haven't heard yet. What kind of materials are you working with, are you using rubber/foam and how would, say a turret, hold up under a couple hundred point blank bb shots?

Those are the products that will turn RC Combat on it's ear and appeal to scale modelers. I need things for a Bis... Like the side cranes, ect and they look hard to make

3. Rich

Rich New Member

eljefe - Give me a shout when ready.

dietzer - This is a tough question because all guns are different. A good rule of thumb is $65 if it fits in the palm of your hand. This includes one silicone mold and one cast part. This is an outstanding value if your ship requires six guns or so. Best way is to quote one job at a time.
    You can purchase exclusive rights to a particular part for $175. This would entitle you to master plug in addition to mold and one part. This does not mean I will not draft another part, just not that part.

Iceman - Great question! I use a whole array of material. I've learned a lot about casting and resin these past few years. The primary material I'm using is polyester resin (plastic). There are techniques in place to make it more pliable or rigid, depending on your demand. Keep in mind; I am selling molds, not parts. If something breaks, cast another. Share the mold with a buddy.
    As far as a crane goes, yes I can do it. May not be exact scale, but will look good and not cost a fortune.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rich S.

4. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Hey Rich, is all your work done by hand or is there a cad/cam portion of the development?

thanks
    Greg

5. Rich

Rich New Member

Greg - All of my work is done by hand. I sculpt all parts. As a matter of fact the plans for the last twin gun I built were difficult for me to understand. I requested another type of picture and built it from that. I can also use a models, lets say 1:350 scale and build it 1:96; this is how Yamato was created. No fancy tools, just good old fashioned elbow grease.

Here I am sculpting Yamato...
    [​IMG]

Rich

6. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

ahh molds not products. I get it now. Thanks, that's good to know.

7. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Rich,

The TT launcher and twin turret I'm interested in you already made the masters for. It's the TT laucher you posted on the 1st page of this thread and the 0.50 oz twin turret you posted on the 2nd page, which I'm pretty sure are in 1/96 scale. Since you've already built masters of these, how much to make up another mold of each and a cast part of each?

Also, what kind of resin were you using for the 0.50 oz twin turret? That's thin enough to see through!

Again, amazing work, dude! I'm very glad you're offering your services here!

Carl

8. Rich

Rich New Member

dietzer - Theses would be $
    dietzer - Theses would be $65ea $50ea with one silicone mold and one part.. If I have to produce the master, the mold will be priced at $65. Instructions on how to cast this product are also included. Shipping should be about $6.

Please note; US only at this point.

Rich

9. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Sounds good, Rich!

I'll get back in contact with you after I get the tax refund...

Carl

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

:) Wow that's expensive but giving the quality you do here I understand. Stil though at 875.00 for a 6ft Seaview that is very reasonable.
    I have a Mobius Seaview for RC static diving. I was thinking of going bigger. I have a Yamato for RC combat and I would be looking at replacning the crane and the 2 catapults. I would be also looking at getting a pair of cranes for Tirpitz.
    I like your work very very nice indeed.

11. Rich

Rich New Member

Stokamoto, Gents,

Thanks for your compliment and feedback.
    I am new to the marketing of this type of product, but one thing I try never to say is NO. If your budget only allows you to spend $20, then maybe I can ship off three parts without a mold. I am very easy going. Trust me when I say, "I'm not doing this to make a living;" that's for sure.
    Keep me posted when ready smittybuiltins@yahoo.com.

Rich

12. Rich

Rich New Member

[​IMG]

Quick turn-around makes everyone happy :D

Rich S.

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

What would it cost to make a Yamato crane and 2 Catupults in 1/144 scale? Do you do planes in 1/144? I am looking for an Arado Float for Bismarck and Tirpitz and Biplanes for Yamato.

14. Rich

Rich New Member

Stokamoto, Gents -

I've received a few requests, but would ask that you send line drawings with them. I do not have the time to research each request. In an effort to keep cost as low as possible I am going to need the help of potential customer. Put it this way, you can't give me too much information. On drawing, please give one measurement (in inches) of scale desired.

Typical request needs to look like this:

Hey Rich - Saw you on RC Naval Combat. I'm looking for a Schnorchel (German) Type XXI. I've enclosed some drawings. Looking for 1:48 scale. I am looking for the mold and one part. How much do you think and what's the turn-around time?
    [​IMG]

End

Thanks a lot. I hope you can understand.

Rich

15. Rich

Rich New Member

I'm going to have to learn to be more specific.

[​IMG]

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok Thanks no problem.

17. Rich

Rich New Member

Hey Gents,

In the interest of keeping cost down, figures will be made as stand-off. Yes, I can do pose in your likeness.

[​IMG]

Rich

18. Rich

Rich New Member

What I try to do is offer what you want, not what's available. For example; potential customer can't find 1:36 older era sailors. He sent me a pic earlier this evening and whalla:
    [​IMG]

Rich

19. Rich

Rich New Member

Couple requests for self bust. These would be perfect in a hydro speed boat or airplane. Can be fashioned with uniform, mask or whatever. These pieces are created in your image. This rendition is a hollow master and will be cast at about .50oz. in weight.
    [​IMG]

For more info: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033707

Rich

20. Mark

Mark Active Member

Rich, you're a nut, talented, but a nut all the same:)