CA136 Chicago build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Tumor, Oct 2, 2013.

1. AP

AP Member

That's a great looking build, Tumor, and the pics really do allow us to enjoy your work. Very nice!

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

My only issue with a geared setup is the loss of mechanical advantage. It lowers the torque exerted by the rudder.

3. moose421

moose421 Member

I am a little late on responding to the question about your pump esc. Yes I used a airplane esc and running it on the flap channel of my Futuba 6EX. Same as my landing gear channel. I found that I used the blue series of hobby king. I am running SLA's in my Washington and needed to be able to switch the esc to nimh from lipo. That caused me a ton of headaches. The voltage cutoff was giving me problems with everything running.

Hope this helps you out. Otherwise you have a beautiful build going. Keep it up.

4. Tumor

Tumor Member

Thanks AP! :)

Tug; Ill keep that in mind. When I make it to sea trials, ill preform a few full speed turns, and compare between the geared and linkage setps,, before making a decision.

Moose, thank you for the info. I did end up getting the pump to work on the gear channel. Ill prolly ended up giving in to li-po batteries as well.

5. Tumor

Tumor Member

Unfortunately. I wont be able to work on this project for a long while due to a few life changes. So instead, ill be putting this up in a for sale thread.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Sorry to hear it, man! Maybe sit it on a shelf for a while until life allows you to take it up again.

7. Tumor

Tumor Member

All ready tried that for about a year, now I don't have a shelf anymore.
    I am trying try to move out of my tiny apartment, and also my shop is moving. I have nowhere safe for this at the moment. Also, I recently was married, and also got into another hobby that takes even more time away from me.

Ill be back though.

8. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Best of luck to you, hope to see you on the water one day...

Tugboat likes this.