CANADIAN NATIONALS X ( 10 )

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Welllll.... I am beat tired.

What a fantastic event. Up to nine boats on the water.... pics and video to sift through like always... Everyone was amazed at how much fun it can be to get together and sink each others ships!

The Fleet trophy wound up being awarded to all participants. We keep no score, not even sinks, kept it loose and fun and everyone had a chance to play axis or allied with their ship.... :) It was awesome, like a pick-up game of road hockey with your best friends. I never felt so alive as when my Bismarck began raining duel side mount on Scharnhorst!!! Thanks Jay.

Memories? They are too numerous to mention here. Mushashi finally succumbing to the depths. Chris and I launching and twin German Battleships into the fray. Steve Crane owning the pond with such confidence he helped me line up some shots. Watching Bis slip under the waves... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it was sweet. He looked great.
    Diners, breakfasts and suppers at Frank's.... the phenom BBQ at the house Saturday night... wow. Thank-yous to Chris and Heidi! William did and awesome job dodging bb fire on the beach and took some wicked video.... I have 19 gigs of pics and video to condense...

Laughter... pranks and reliving old battles were in order and we had a "Damn Good" time as Paul put it. PE was the bomb, Mr. Gibbs. Well done. Chris Osborne... both Mushi and Vinny saw the bottom of the pond.... classic. Love it. Jay had Scharnnie just balls out. Never ran better buddy... I'll remember the shots you gave me. Curt was flipping between, PE, Valiant ad Tirpitz.... he had a ball... there was always someething for him to get excited over... including my return in "tour de force" fashion to the RC Combat world. It felt great.

Mack showed up and ran Lutzow a little.... You never forget your first time... he can't wait to get his running. Chuck, Joy and Gregory had Pundua and Miss Mog on the water in between sorties... although Malaya could not make the dance a positive plan of action has been formed. Chuck WILL be combat ready for next year. Can't wait! Thanks again for your support first family of rc combat!

We had excellent weather on the beach.... calm shores until the pins were unleashed. Lots of people came by to visit and ask questions... all in all a successful and happy event.

Awards:

Most Feared Axis: Steve Crane (as Admiral of the Allied forces)

Most Feared Allies: Curt Stokes (finally....)

Admiral's Cup: Curt Stokes

Lifeline Award: Paul McKinnon

All in all... I can't thank everyone enough. Lots of memories. Lots of smiles. Great. For being the tenth CANNATS.... Curt, who attended all of them, proclaimed this "The best of them all. Off the charts!"

This is the way to play. I am re-energized and feel like it was the first time I fully understood the whole of this hobby/sport.

Once again, thanks for this guys. I will leave it up to everyone else to fill in the blanks, talk about your favorite parts, etc. etc. etc. Type as much as you want here guys and gals.

Will start on pics and video as soon as I can.

Capt. Jack
    "Craig Nash"

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

3. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Yeah, I recongnize some of those bums! Glad you had such a great time. Come down and see us in R.I. next year.

Marty Hayes

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great time. That is the kind of events I love to host too.

Hi to Steve Crane, I miss hanging out after midnight at Nats with you.

Rob A.

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

heehehehehehe I'll let him know. Thanks Rob. Not one hitch.... except maybe more boats to sink. Although I now can put a star in the sink category for Mushashi. Three are under Yamato already. So my mission, besides terrorizing with Bismarck of course, was to accomplish that.... LOL It was a great time... up this morning and captains are talking boats.... it's great!

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

LOL.... you found it Marty! LOL It was awesome.... can't wait to see the posts from the other captains.... lots of pics to follow. R.I. you say? Thanks for the invite, it sounds good. You might be able to make it this way too!

Craig

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

My favorite pic for the weekend!

9. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a great shot, but helping Chris O find his glasses in the cold water was a little shocking.

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

hehehehehe Hey.... I gotta a lot of pics to come... get ready!

11. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Bring them on! I've been waiting to see the carnage.

12. Craig

Craig Active Member

Ask and ye shall.... sorta recieve there Scott.... lots to sort through.... here we go!

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

14. Craig

Craig Active Member

Here is Curt flanked by our videographer William and our military advisor/coordinator/all around good gal... Heidi.

Can you feel the love?

15. Craig

Craig Active Member

16. Craig

Craig Active Member

The four c's are now, two c's and a c for coffee and a c for captain. I already miss ya Curt... have a safe trip back to the rock bro!

17. Craig

Craig Active Member

The usually quiet and reserved/serious Chris O. was all smiles this weekend...

Best Quote: "Craig... this is the best CANNATS or Event I have ever been too!"

The smile says it all...

18. Craig

Craig Active Member

19. Craig

Craig Active Member

Were we tired? Yes.

Did we have coffee? Yes.

Was it awesome to get out and play?

Let Steve Crane answer that question.....

20. Craig

Craig Active Member