CANADIAN NATIONALS X ( 10 )

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Craig I think this thread can be locked now too

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Craig I will lock this one till you or anyone else is ready to post pics here.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hey bud. No worries, I think with only 5 days inactivity we can wait a little longer before we end threads. Besides... if someone wants to post something it would have to go through you or me. So for now let's see if anyone comes up with anything... also check out my Cannats 11 post for more details.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I got some pics to post from Can-Nats 10 soooo here goes...

Craig and Chris burning the midnight oil in the Shipyard

[​IMG]

Direct result of too much CA..not enough sleep...and too much Coffee..

[​IMG]

Parts Anyone?

[​IMG]

Another use for your Ironing Board..

[​IMG]

Warspite's Coffin came in handy to lay stuff on.

[​IMG]

Shelving and anything that has a flat surface also handy...

[​IMG]

This little section Warspite stayed in to be worked on while the German Behemoths took up the main yard.

[​IMG]

The shelf contained the hulls of (TOP to Bottom) KGV- VANGUARD-Superstructure parts- Malaya-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warspite's innards being prepped. I think it was like 3:30 am

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

CAN-NATS 10 PT2

The Wabbit left the battery in the bucket. Getting ready to test a pump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bismarck and his brother Tirpitz side by side in the Yard...hmmm how to build 2 ships for a contest in 4 days....

[​IMG]

The Trained Monkeys hard at work... hired help is hard to find so Monkeys will do. Just keep them fed...lol

[​IMG]

Bismarck's battery compartment. Only 2 batteries were wired for the Drive and the pump had a dedicated battery. Refit will see the all 3 batteries harnessed to supply power as one.

[​IMG]

Looking aft of Bismarck's internal main section.

[​IMG]

Decks on same view aft of Bismarck ..

[​IMG]

Craig's Bismarck's Aft battery. Note Turret Dora Dual sterns and Turret Caeser Dual Stern sidemounts. We set this ship up as a COMBAT-X with 7units and wider stern and Bow arcs to allow mounting of multiple cannons in those arcs much easier. Nasty setup back there.

[​IMG]

6. Chris Easterbrook

Man were we all tired or what. We looked like we had been to hell and back.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

CAN-NATS 10 PT 3

Craig's Bismarck fwd Co2 compartment. A 9 oz bottle was used to supply Co2. The purple foam is the channelling. Cheap and effective. Not a lot of finesse here at this stage due to the short amt of time we had. Still it worked out very well. Craig rapidly installed the channelling. Good job Craig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Servo Tray. Again quickly made by Craig and this was his first tray he made. Similiar to Roma the tray is becoming a standard and many times the setup allowed for a quick swap out of parts like valves and pump switches and servos. Great job Craig.

[​IMG]

Craig's Bismarck Engine compartment. The Motor mount was made by me and it was a very quick job here also. A lot of eyeballing. I was able to install a large pipe clamp on the mount and it worked out very well. Simple, effective, cheap and easy to maintain. Motor swapouts are very fast and easy.

[​IMG]

The Rudder servo mount and linkage. This was installed by Craig and he did a good job for his first attempt. The mount had some modifications made later on after the first sink. The servo had to be replaced and the linkage was modified or replaced.

[​IMG]

Bismarck's aft hatch underside with the cannons mounted. Chris Easterbrook made the littel mounts and helped with installing them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

CAN-NATS 10 PT3

Here we have big brother Tirpitz. This is his Rudder compartment setup.

[​IMG]

This is the Rudder tray.Chris made this. This is his first one.

[​IMG]

Tirptiz engine compartment. New motor mount similiar to Bismarcks.The coupling was a little more difficult as the drive shaft was actually mounted much lower than the original shaft. Managed to get it mounted and aligned as best as possible in the little time we had. It worked fortuntaly.

[​IMG]

Tirpitz aft dual stern mounts looking over the aft rudder hatch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tirptiz Turret Caeser single stern sidemount. This ship was set up for Combat-X but different from Craig's Bismarck. Chris decided to utilize all 4 Quadrants.

[​IMG]

The stern sidemount with a beautiful and deadly downangle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ship yard table after the first day.....uhmmm honey I have to step out now...

[​IMG]

" HMMMM I know I am forgetting something... darn.. pace..pace..pace..
    In the background is the convoy ship Pundua. Or affectionaly known as 'The School Bus'

[​IMG]

9. Chris Easterbrook

I loved that bow mount what a great gun, I got used to that gun very easily.

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

CAN-NATS 10 PT 4

Forward shot of the DKM TIGGER..erhh Tirpitz...Turret Anton single cannon set to shoot towards the bow Stbd fwd. Turret Bruno set to fire dual broadsides port.

[​IMG]

Tirptiz's aft battery. Note the difference between this and Bismarck's.

[​IMG]

Somewhere in this collage ..is the Tirptiz.. The pattern looks great. Nice paint job.

[​IMG]

OHH MY EYES!! MISS MOG awaits TLC

[​IMG]

Jay and Steve hamming it up at 4am. See I wasn't the only one up late..

[​IMG]

PE at her first Competition. This will be her Captain's first time using this ship for battle. He had no stick time to get acquainted with his new command.

[​IMG]

The Man the Myth the Legend.. Captn Solo NASH... helping out with prepping PE

[​IMG]

Steven Crane's Veteran Nagato being prepped.

[​IMG]

Steven Crane.. veteran Nabs Member and all around swell guy. Steve is dedicated to the hobby and it shows in his ship and his battling prowess.
    You are now a JEDI Sir Steven.

Here's Jay ..Yoy! Where's the battle?Jay is relatively new to the hobby but his first performance with a veteran warship that he and Steven Crane rebuilt was just totally awesome. Well done Captn Jay!

[​IMG]

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

CANNATS-5

Steve Crane's Nagato and hidden on her stbd side is Paul's little PE fearlessly slugging it out at point blank range,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PE heading into the battle.

[​IMG]

Chris Osbourne's Mighty Sea COW MUSASHI

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PE finally succombs to the Surgical shooting of the NAGATO and the Scharnhorst

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Craig lends a helping hand retrieving the PE for Captn Paul.

[​IMG]

This is where and how you take down a small ship with a lot of impenetrable areas. Just like the real ships the "ends" of the ship are vulnerable and experienced Captn's know where to aim their cannons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Craig

Craig Active Member

Awesome Stokomoto!!!!! Just Awesome!

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Stay tuned folks more to come tomorrow morning.

14. Craig

Craig Active Member

Sweet..... I need more man..... don't have these!!!

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Cannats PT 6

Here we see the PE'S true hidden colors after the paint was knocked off by bbs.

[​IMG]

Here's how you get pass small ships impenetrable areas....any questions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damage!Midships!Damage Control Team.. fix that lifeboat..the Captain is gonna need it now!!

[​IMG]

Aft Mast Damage..

[​IMG]

More damage Port Bow

[​IMG]

Midships Damage Port Side... quite a contrast as this area as very little soft spots.

[​IMG]

Port quarter aft damage...

[​IMG]

Hmmm this damage caused by a ram bow of a certain fiesty little ship I think.. looks awfully familiar... CSI...to the YAMATO!

[​IMG]

Sharnhorst stbd fwd bow damage...Craigs Bismarck's Turret Bruno inflicted thse wounds from her port side dual sidemount turret. OUCH!

[​IMG]

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Steven Crane Veteran and expert battler preparing for battle ..or pottie whichever...

[​IMG]

Chris Osbourne's Veteran Italian Battleship being prepped for battle. Looks quite busy inside there.For an italian ship spaghetti is the norm..lol

[​IMG]

Midships aft of the Vittorio Veneto

[​IMG]

Forward view topside down of the interior of the Veneto. That cup had coffee in it. No wonder he was up to his waist in water... the grounds in that cup weighed him down...lol

[​IMG]

The aft cannon battery of the Veneto. Amazingly as the ship was listing hard to port prior to sinking Chris was able to hit the Nagato from these babies...nice shooting!

[​IMG]

The beautifully made Pagoda Mast of Steven Crane's NAGATO..Great work!

[​IMG]

The AFT superstructure also detailed nicely. This ship not only fights great ..it looks great!

[​IMG]

The Nagato's Quarterdeck port view. Here the teeth of the Nagato can be seen. That haymaker stubby stern sidemount was just the nastiest darn cannon out there and mostly responsible for a lot of the damage inflicted.

[​IMG]

Hmmm Bikini Atoll. Standing at the fordeck of Nagato viewing the Pagoda Mast and Bridge of Nagato.. the last Japanese Capital unit afloat.

[​IMG]

Himmm Tirpitz, Warspite and Veneto.. basking on the beach..

[​IMG]

MISS MOG MISS MOG... shades anyone?

[​IMG]

The Bridge superstructure of the MISS MOG.

[​IMG]

The AFT Superstructure of Miss Mog and the guns. Hmm I think the PE and Miss Mog are sharing paint schemes...

[​IMG]

Midships of the MISS MOG... What a colorful little ship..

[​IMG]

Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk..heh heh.... I think I picked up some sand in my shorts and it ....tickles....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this is how you patch Ram Damage really fast...especially when your teammate rams you... OUUUCHHH!!Port bow of Scharnhorst..

[​IMG]

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

CANNATS PT 6

SODAK STBD MIDSHIPS VIEW

Here we have Paul's first major battleship the South Dakota making it's very first appearance.

[​IMG]

The SODAKS Rudder Compartment..

[​IMG]

The Sodak's Throttle switchs and servo

[​IMG]

Sodaks Engines

[​IMG]

Somewhere in there is the Sodaks MINI PUMP...

[​IMG]

This area is I believe the Main battery compartment...

[​IMG]

The Sodak's Sidemounts..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Sodak's Co2 supply and firing servos..fwd compartment..

[​IMG]

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Craig's Bismarck pumping out and drying out..

[​IMG]

What a great spot we battled in..

[​IMG]

The MIGHTY and not so unsinkable MOOOOOSAAAASHIIII ...Tks Chris...

[​IMG]

Veteran Warship and one of the oldest in Nabs the Lutzow shows it's battle damage in the bow port side..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ACHILLES heel of the Musashi...stbd aft quarter. A lot of damage was inflicted here to sink this Monster. If you want to Sink a Yamato class hit it here in this area..works all the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mooshii's mid stb side damage..

[​IMG]

The lake's water level dropped after Musashi sank and was retrieved.. that' a lot of water!!

[​IMG]

Port side quarter damage..

[​IMG]

Just like a COW...always peeing...

[​IMG]

The real culprit of the demise of Musashi... this debris was scraped off the bottom of the pump's inlet and screen.....least that's what Chris says...lol

[​IMG]

The Captains getting ready for another battle.

[​IMG]

The battle begins.. Nagato in forground, Scharhorst in the middle..

[​IMG]

Another victory for CAPTN CRANE...or he is now fashioning beach wear with a model ship as a fashion accessory...

[​IMG]

Life at the beach is the PITS..or in this case in the Pits..

[​IMG]

Nagato outboard.. Scharnhorst inboard of Nagato and in the background Warspite and PE.

[​IMG]

I am so Evil... lets take this Crate and ship the Allied Vermin over Niagra falls.. what do you think.. Curt..huh..huh....yeahhhh!!!

[​IMG]

Well folks that's all of my pics from my digital camera from Fredricton. I am sure there are more pics out there from you guys who also had a digital camera soooo lets see them here soon please...

Tks everyone...hope you enjoyed the pics..

Stokamoto....10 ships one year...can he do it?

19. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Can't see any pics and can't reply in the usual way. Had to click on Reply to this post at the top of the page.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

You definitly have issues with your computer Chuck. I am using the Gf's Laptop and they came up just fine. My old PC I viewed them with no problem.