Cannon barrels

Discussion in 'Construction' started by donanton, Nov 15, 2007.

1. donanton

donanton Member

Is there a type of tubing that is clear, strong, and can be attached to the metal barrels used in ircwcc ship's cannons? Preferably after the bend.

I asked because I want to know if there is something that can replace the awkward looking single barrel pointing down with the other 2 pointing up. Maybe attach a long enough piece so that just the part that is protruding beyond the turret is clear. This leaves you with 3 fake barrels you can point in any direction.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Ive never seen anything like that, I think some clubs require having the scale number of barrels so having an extra barrel sticking out of the turret may be illegal. The easy answer is just make all the barrels point in the same direction, looks a lot better if you ask me. If you had a decent drill press you might be able to drill out your own barrels on that from some rod stock, ive thought about doing that but i dont have a drill press so i cant say if it works well or not.

3. donanton

donanton Member

All i have to do is lathe clar barrel and bore it out. The barrel would be clear so you wouldn't see it unless you were holding it.

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I really don't understand what you are trying to accomplish... Can you provide some photos / drawings?

5. donanton

donanton Member

I'm trying to make a clear barrel so that you have 3 fake barrels pointing wherever and have the actual firing barrel clear and pointing down. I'll just do what snipehunter said and point all the barrels down.