Captain Jack's Graf Spee

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Are you telling me that a full unit spurt gun/torpdedo launcher in CWCS is 50 rounds?????[:0] To be honest I think 5 shots of 5 is a little much considering that has more damage potential than all of her guns combined. The Graf Spee only carried 8 torpedo launchers. If this is the case, I think I'll look into the Japanese Torpedo cruiser the 'Oi'(updated Kuma class), Chris you must remember that one in OOB. It carried 40 Long Lance launchers and a reload. By doing the math that means the Oi can have 25 5 rounds shots!! That sounds pretty cool[;)],
    J

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

So a full unit spurt gun is 50 rounds. Way too much, I am with Jay on this one a single use 5 round gun would make more sense as torps are one shot weapons. Who would want to use anything other than spurt cannons as you can use them on any ship class 3 or under. This gives the smaller ships too big of an advantage as no big battleship could stand up to that kind of firepower and unless you are building a spurt cannon simular to Bob Pottles you will use 7-8 bb's per shot according to the guy who posted on this already. A destroyer or cruiser should not be able to compete with a battleship as they don't have that kind of firepower. To me it gives all the cards to the smaller ships as they can out run the larger ones and have the firepower to sink one with ease. Cruisers will become the king of the pond. This to me does not bring pardy to the game it unbalences it even more that it already is.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

Again guys... you are talking without all the info, wait for the full rules set to appear. Curt and I are just throwing things around at this point.... *sheesh* you'd think you guys were french or something. No go play over in the Smack thread... This is for updates on Jack's Graf Spee.... We don't want THE Captain getting upset or anything. :)

4. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

If your just throwing ideas around could we all throw some in? We could start a new thread for that purpose, Lets get everyones imput.

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

Throwing around ideas for the Graf Spee... yes. If people want to give me more ideas before I continue the build... by all means. I don't think we need to start a new thread.

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

..... on the other note, to avoid confusion, the cwc-x ruleset has been available to talk about and get opinions on since Curt announced the concept on the forums under the NABS group December 31, 2006. It's in the archive. That is where it began and it has been a long road to get here. Curt was the architech and I was the springboard for his ideas good or bad. Trust me, 13 - 14 hour conversations on the phone and almost two years of opinions from across the net/hobby mean a hell of a lot. I could be wrong, but, I believe he is getting ready to reveal the master copy version 123.9a, very soon.... LOL Then if you want to rip the rulesset apart, go for it! Send him an e-mail. He's worked very hard and had too many sleepless nights.... I'm sure he'd appreciate any constructive critiques.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Lets stick with Graf Spee on this thread please... And as for ideas on this ship we can throw them around here. No need to set up another thread. I have Graf Spee thread to get specific info on the setup of the ships internals.

Tks guys.

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

ok.... So that clears that up..... as I said guys.... patience.... the rules are coming..... enjoy the wait.

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hmm rules compilation, ship builds, relationships, work, gym, family, work... patience is a virtue..

12. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hmmmmmm fortunately for you sir, patience is what I asked for the others.... you and I will talk soon I hope. Call me when your schedule clears a little will ya?

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok will do. Problaby this evening looks good. Got to go to Gym for my Cardio session.

14. Craig

Craig Active Member

Sounds good Curt.... give me a shout soon!

15. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Yup, clear as mud. I'll email you offline.
    J

16. Craig

Craig Active Member

Deer is the ticket!

17. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

any news on the Graf Spee?

18. Craig

Craig Active Member

As far as Captain Jack's? He is focusing his attention on returning to school!!! I start on Tuesday. I have no more gear to install at this point and am waiting for the pics of the cleveland kit. I will make a decision then when to order. So for now nothing. I assure you... the moment I know something... you'll know Will! :)

19. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

i didnt know we were telepathically connected. I talked to ralph coles and he said he has 1 more hull left, which has a name on it, but no money yet. I told him id buy it if the deal fell through. so we'll see.

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

You may want to hold off ordering Craig. The Canadian dollar has taken a beating recently. It is 84 cents US.