Central Maryland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jon k, May 12, 2019.

1. Jon k

Jon k New Member

I’m very interested in finding a mentor in my area. I live in Carroll county. Currently I’m trying to figure out a budget and am trying to find a build list of parts to get started. Also I’d like to see a battle in person. Years ago I saw one in Fredrick county Md.
    Any help is appreciated
    Thank you

2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

3. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

We are in Annapolis area, and are probably the group you saw at Greenbriar State Park. We normally hold a weekly meeting at 1106 Skyway Drive, Annapolis, Md on Friday night at 7:00 pm. However, this coming weekend we will be out of state to a battle in NY state. See more at www.ircwcc.org .

4. Jon k

Jon k New Member

I’m very interested in meeting your group and seeing what’s involved. I’m hoping to put together a shopping list of what is needed to build one of these ships I’m sure I have the tools needed. Just need the know how and someone to show me the ropes.

5. Jon k

Jon k New Member

Are used hulls available to get started as a learning platform ? Or is it better to start from parts and build up ?

6. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Its absolutely a better idea to get a used hull to start with, it'll take weeks off your work time to get a boat on the water.

7. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

The answer to most questions will be ‘it depends.’ The best thing you can do at this point is to make it to a Friday meeting in Annapolis, much easier to discuss in person. The normal guys that show up to those meetings own about 60-70 boats in various stages of construction, there might be some that you could buy. I think there are battles for 3 of the next four weeks (so we will be out of town), I think the Friday on 5/31 there should be a meeting. Let us know a few days before and we can confirm that the meeting will occur.

bsgkid117 likes this.
  8. Jon k

Jon k New Member

Thank you I’ll definitely get ahold of you so I can attend a meeting

Thanks jon

9. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Our series of battles is over, there should be meetings on the next 3-4 Fridays