Cleaning my garage

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by slow_and_ugly, Mar 27, 2010.

1. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi,
    I am cleaning my garage.
    I have available some hulls I have produced over the years. In general the shapes are correct, but the quality of the FG work is inconsistant.
    1 Renown hull -- BattleCruiser -- cut out. The FG is iffy in places. But it might stand up. I earlier said the shafts were intalled, but they aren't.
    1 USS Mississippi/Kilkis-- Pre-Dreadnought. This is from the first mold I ever made. It's been in my garage for years. It needs another layer of FG laid inside and the exterior is 'less than perfect' since bits of the mold stuck to it here and there when I pulled it out. Once the sheeting is on, no one will notice. This is the last one since the mold was wrecked making it..
    1 HMS Arethusa -- Light Cruiser. Not too bad. Not at all near the level of any of the commercial hulls though. I still have mold, so I can make another if I want to.
    First come, first serve -- under the following conditions:
    1. You never ever make a comment about the quality.
    2. You do not sell the hull unless you actually build a ship from it and the ship is sold. You can junk it if you want.
    3. If you give the hull to someone else, you extract a promise that the new owner will abide by these conditions.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Would you be interested in shipping any of these stateside, or would this be local only?

3. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi,
    I think I'll just keep it local.

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Too bad it is local only. With the new pre-dread sidemount rules in MWC and Treaty, that Mississippi hull would make for a nice little ship right now. I was thinking of building one someday ... even have a set of plans for it. :)

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Rob,
    I thought your Arethusa hull was very nicely done. The one I saw was of commercial quality. Have you considered selling the mold?
    Bob