Club Growth

Discussion in 'Propaganda' started by tgalx3, Jun 26, 2023.

1. TravisLerol

TravisLerol New Member

Yeah, Bambu/AMS is what I use. They're not perfect, but they are pretty good at what they do. The volume limitation is definitely one of the main caveats. I deeply want Bambu to make a larger variant of the X1C, but who knows if/when that'll be a thing. Projects like the X1E are pretty much irrelevant to my needs, so I have no idea if they're gonna keep leaning towards trying to pull in more markets, or if they're going to push to extend the X1C's capabilities.

Problem is, all the big printers are some flavor of impractically expensive, or at least, require a fair bit of work. Anything commercial ends up being ludicrously not worth it, and of the hobbyist machines, Voron/Prusa are probably the best available large format...and are less plug and play than the Bambus by a fair bit. Good machines if set up right, but running a print farm of them seems like a ton of work in comparison. I used to run six Ender 3s, and that had more downtime and effort than was really practical, thus the swap to Bambus. Still feelin' a bit gunshy about going back to that amount of maint and modding.

I do swear that if a print fails, it is always about ten minutes after going to bed, no matter what printer.

2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

My machines are oversized, heavily modified, Voron clones. I got these vs an actual Voron 2.4 because I can't be bothered to build a kit from scratch (and they were $500~ each used). They have their tantrums, that's for sure, but they were the right price and get the job done and occasionally if the stars align they will behave for 800~ hours before someone decides to misbehave again.

Justin Ragucci likes this.
  3. TravisLerol

TravisLerol New Member

Makes sense. If Bambu doesn't get around to making my preferred machine, I'll probably go that direction eventually. Heck, even the Bambu machines are arguably just voron clones. Good ones, but the design similarities are pretty clear.

4. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say that. At all. The voron that the X1 competes with is a flying gantry fixed bed. The X1 is a fixed gantry.
    Sure they both use CoreXY but thats about where it ends.

5. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

The classic Voron was more like the X1, the "trident" is the grandchild of that design path and is kinematically similar to the X1. But yeah lots of differences. They both get the job done.

Mine are V2.2 clones, so fixed bed flying gantry.

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

It's amazing how quickly so many topics morph into 3d printing discussions these days. Back on-topic, on my most recent strategic deterrence patrol, I posted a bunch of photos and stories from the hobby on the missile tubes where people commonly walk. Near the end of the patrol, I posted a sign-up sheet for people interested in more information, and got several interested people. Here's hoping they join up.

Anvil_x likes this.
  7. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I’m excited meet them and see some new faces in the hobby.