Club Status Question

Discussion in 'Midwest Battle Group' started by Cannonman, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

I was just wondering what the status of MBG is. I've noticed that the website is gone and there aren't mant recent posts in this section of the forum. Any info would be helpful. I am wanting to build a ship, so I guess I would be more motivated to do it if I knew there would be several others to battle with upon completion.[:D]

2. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Hey!

I think the status of the MBG is rebuilding/reforming.

I am planning to be around :) I think there is a email list and the MBGer's prefer it to forums. I speak mostly with froggyfrenchman, and he has plans for some big gun stuff this season. Now, I've got my first kid on the way, so battling for me may be limited for a while... But, I'm building a grand shop, and am willing to help people along on big gun builds (I don't know fast gun stuff). I've renovated a Sharnhorst class, a pocket battleship, built a liberty... and had a hand in some way or another for most of the original boats for MABG in VA.

So, where are ya at, and what do you plan to build :)

Mike Horne

3. Cannonman

I'm Around fifty miles south of Chicago.

A friend of mine from work and I are both hoping to build an Iowa class battleship. Yes, unfortunately that would be two very similar ships on the water, but we figure if there is no one else to battle we can battle one another and be evenly matched. I am having a little difficulty obtaining plans at his time. I placed an order with floatingdrydock, but they never replied or charged my card, so I let it go since I really wanted 144 scale plans anyhow. I have been in contact with BDERC, but he is running real slow right now, and it's taking a long time for things to materialize. I'll keep trying!!!

4. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

That's not such a bad build... you guys can team up and iron out the problems. You could also touch off the long standing axis and allies rivalry by bringing serious displacements pondside!

5. Cannonman

Yeah, We are hoping that by building essentially the same ship, we can team up on it a little easier. That should help reduce the build times somewhat, and reduce the learning curve. There is just way to much you need to know to get one of these on the water!!! At least this forum has been a sensational help so far!!

6. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

these guys are the best they can talk you thru any dilemma[^]

7. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

For plans try this guy i had great luck with him and the plans are awsome[:D]

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=231663&ck=

8. Cannonman

Thanks Powder Monkey,
    I'll try him next.

9. Cannonman

Hey, Speaking of plans, does anyone know where to score some for the Indiana style cannons??? I've not been getting anywhere with BDER/C. I'll also post the same question in the weapons section.

10. captin sobor

captin sobor Member

yeah.. is the MBG still meeting and getting together for BATTLES! dun dun dunnn

11. Cannonman

Yes, They are trying to get a few scheduled for this year. I think they are trying to get something together as early as July, but nothing concrete yet....

12. captin sobor

captin sobor Member

oh.. thanks for the info. that should be anough time for me to make my ship.