CNC USS Texas kit

Discussion in 'General' started by mdtest, Nov 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mdtest

mdtest New Member

I inherited Wreno Wynne's USS Texas hull kit. I cannot remember who was creating these and selling them. I'd like to contact them for plans that match the kit and to see if a SS is available.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

@rcengr did the lasercut Texas.

3. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Super's not available, but there are TONS of pdf plans of the ship on the site. Most of them by Mark.

The George Goff Plans are Off BTW. like, by a lot compared to Mark's hull. Don't use the Goff plans with this hull. It's like using a lego build manual for a ferrari.

I did a thirty plus page monster of a build thread with my Texas, and also put together a stem-to-stern. I've rebuilt her twice so far to get rid of all of my first build bugs.

Take a look at how I built my second iteration of the superstructure. I posted pics of every step. If you're in fast gun, Don't use the provided propeller shaft passages. make your own, about a half inch closer inboard. 1.25" props are spot-on with this hull, and if you do the rudder right, you'll have a decent turn radius. Other than that, Seal the aft deck really well, and put a sealing plate in Turret 5. If you have the inclination, put in a second pump, or enough room for later conversion to a 2 pump system. She wouldn't be a bad brawler at all.