CO2 Supply

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Treaty Combat battlers please see today's discussion on the NABS forum about sharing the CO2 equipment bought before we formed separate Treaty and IRCWCC groups. Paul's idea will work unless there are two large battles with conflicting dates. (Not likely this year!)

There's a large and a small CO2 tank, so if one battle has only a few ships both clubs could hold events simultaneously. We'll need a second fill station valve in that case.

Steve Hill intends to be active in both clubs, and has been proposed as 'CO2 Czar' and 'Battle Coordinator' for both. Will discuss this with him when he's back in town tomorrow. Seems like a workable proposition.

Bob

2. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi guys,

Back in Canada finally, wasn't the end of the earth where I was but pretty sure I could see it from there.

As to CO2, that sounds reasonable, although I do plan on getting my own small fill station in the near future.

Scott

3. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ya sounds good for the short term but well need to work out a long term plan.

4. Bob Pottle

I talked to Steve Hill tonight. He'll try to get the small NABS CO2 tank and fill station for us this weekend. He has the big tank but I can't transport it in a Smart car!

He'll let me know if he's got the small tank early next week. The deal is that we refill it after use. I can have it refilled in Burnside, where I work.

If Steve can't get the small tank we'll have to fill as many CO2 bottles as we can by the 24th. I converted Black Prince to CO2 capsules tonight and Minotaur can do a 2 sortie battle with its 4 oz. bottle, leaving me with two spare 3.5 oz bottles and a 7 oz bottle that other captains can use.

Erebus, Gorgon, Prince Robert and Abdiel are OK because they use CO2 capsules.

If access to CO2 becomes a problem I'll buy a small tank and fill station for the club to use.

Bob

5. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

I also have 3.5oz bottle that can be filled and brought for a spare.

6. Bob Pottle

The small CO2 Tank is being filled. I'll contact John Coffill tonight to arrange pick up. The NABS fill station valve is in Sackville but I'll ask Steve Hill if we can borrow his, which is much closer to my place. Will need help transporting the tank as my Smart car can't carry the tank, my equipment box and two armoured cruisers!

Bob

7. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Bob: There was a small problem with the small tank during testing, they tell me it will be fixed by Wed. pm and i can have it to you any time after that. give me a call.

8. ProfessorChaos

ProfessorChaos Active Member

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1313&satitle=20+lb+co2&category0=

I bought my 20 lb. bottle at the local welder's supply for $70.00 filled. It cost's me about $20 to fill.

9. Bob Pottle

Hi John,
    You've probably got my email. I'll call tomorrow evening re the tank for this weekend's battle. I'm going to buy one for the Treaty club to use for future battles and will store it at my place.Steve has one of his own too.

Bob

10. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Picked up the tank today and its filled. I will drop it off after work. It had a small leek in the valve so it is now repaired and good for five more years.

11. Bob Pottle

Thanks for dropping off the full CO2 tank John. I wasn't able to contact Steve - he was out when I returned his call. Will try again tomorrow evening.

I think I'll drop into Simplex and buy a fill station and 5 lb CO2 tank on Friday. It'll be useful to have a supply at home for building and testing BB cannons.

Bob

12. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Bob could you let me know how much one of those 5 lb bottles goes for.

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Bob could you post the cost of the 5 pound tank and fill station. So that if any member wanted to get their own supply then they would have an idea of the price.

14. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

ebay has FILL STATIONS i jest got one for 40$

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That's pretty good. What kind are they?

16. Bob Pottle

I called the place John mentioned (Simplex) but their 5 and 10 lb bottles are of fire extinguisher type and are not certified or recommended for use as fill stations.

Tried a couple of other businesses in the industrial park but the smallest tanks they have are 20 lb. Linde Canada charges $50 for the tank and $35 for a refill. They said the only source they know of for fill station valves is a paintball supplier.

Still looking.

Bob

17. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Thanks for the effort Bob.

18. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

i perchest this one [​IMG]

19. Bob Pottle

Steve dropped off the fill station valve but it's missing a washer. Unless I can find a washer tomorrow or Saturday at Banshee Paint Ball we can't use the valve. The alternative is to buy a modern valve from Banshee because - NABS valve and Steve's are no longer CSA approved according to John.

Just in case all captains attending on Sunday should fill all of their bottles in advance. I'll fill my spares tomorrow and if time permits will convert Minotaur to capsules like the Black Prince.

Bob

20. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

That washer is just a hard rubber circle with a hole in it. You could probably make one of rubber.