CO2 Supply

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I may order one from BC.

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The fill station is ready to go. I went to Tyco/Simplex this morning and got several spare valve washers. They are not well secured in the valves and easily fall out.

Simplex staff confirmed the smallest CO2 bottles rated for fill station use are 20 pounders. I'm going to buy a complete fill station (tank and valve) to keep at my place.

Steve, Tom and I got together last night. Steve said those of us who are paid NABS members for 2008 should pay nothing for CO2, but NABS and NATCF members whose haven't paid dues should pay $5 per battle for CO2. This seems fair - having a 3.5 oz bottle filled elswhere would cost $2-3 more - and the $5 is for 2 fills (one per sortie).

All participants in Sunday's battle will be charged $5 for filling their CO2 bottles and the $$ will be turned over to Steve. (Obviously there is no charge for captains whose ships use CO2 capsules.)

At least two NATCF members are buying fill stations so there should be no need to borrow the NABS gear next year.

Bob

3. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok so thats all god and figured out now one more thing what time are we meeting at the grove i was thinking around 9 bob what u say?

4. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

The original time was 1:30pm as per Bob's post. But doesn't matter so much to me as I am flexible.

5. Bob Pottle

1:30 is still the time to meet, with the battle starting as soon as everyone arrives and gets ready to launch. John Coffill checked the Grove for other municipal events and it appears to be free.

Remember this hobby is for fun so we're not going to be uptight if some ships aren't fully converted to Treaty stats.

Bob

6. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

dang i didn't know that i have to work at 4:30 so would leave at 2:30.[:(] im not sure if ill be able to make it. ill know b4 the end of today (sat).

7. Bob Pottle

Guys,
    Can we move the battle up to 1100h so Jason can attend??

Bob