coal creek pond back

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by joe thomer, Jul 16, 2011.

1. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

went down to coal creek pond this morning and it is back and looks great. more beach too right now. but do not mind the sign that says black bear seen in area, for they do not wont war ships, just the operators.:D

2. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I vote we move the battle to coal creek. I have a couple people who want to come and watch but they dont want to drive all the way down to tacoma. But if we get more people down in Tacoma then I guess I could wander down there.

3. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

good to hear

4. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

coal creek sounds good to me also, but if we do move it, I need to let a couple people know today, for they mite show up in tacoma. but tacoma also works

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I think it is too late at this point to change the venue of this Sunday's event. We could discuss shifting the location of the event on the 31st though. I'm loath to go to Coal Creek in the summer though as often the parking lot crowds up really early and remains packed throughout the day.

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Side Note: I think we should continue with the July 31st battle at swan creek as well. We announced it as being there, we set it on the schedule as being there, some people have made plans based on it being there. I'm glad to hear that Coal Creek will be useable again, but I don't think we should drop already set plans on short notice and rush out there. If we expect to maintain some sort of cohesion as a club and develop any sort of ability to organize we have to be able to handle the basics such as sticking to the schedule when it is a day before the event.

I for one do not want to go back to to the days of wondering if there would be a battle and where it would be up until the night before or morning of an event.

7. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

We can not hope to grow the club if we start changing battle locations at the last minute--too many people will end up at the wrong pond. Notice should be posted at least a week in advance preferably several weeks in advance so guests can plan ahead.

As to Coal Creek I would like to battle there again but I think it may prove much too crowded during the summer. This is one of the reasons we historically do not battle there June through August. I sympathize with those of you who would like a shorter drive but think that parking is more important than a short drive, since without parking we wont have a battle to drive to.

8. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

Ant modern e-mail great, one e-mail and one can stir things up good, just like at work. LIFE IS FANTASTIC;)
    I also mite have a few folks possible stopping by swan creek, been promoting the club:cool:.
    see ya guys tomorrow at swan creek.

9. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty unanimous.