Construction tools

Discussion in 'Construction' started by ish311, Oct 2, 2014.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Mercifully, the Prince of Darkness was banished (for the time being) when I replaced not just the smoke, but the entire car's wiring harness. THAT was a chore, but the new harness came with a good quantity of Lucas part no.530433 pre-installed for future use. That was 10 years ago, and now I must un-do everything I've done to the car, as there is some rocker rust that must be corrected, and thus I will be stripping the car to the bare shell and 'doing it right'. And the blasted sills will get Waxoyl. But the car will well outlive me if done properly. Why spend the time and effort? I already own the MG, and there is no way that the wifey will let me buy another toy car going forward. So there we are.

In order to keep this semi-boat-related, I have checked, and Lil Scharnie will fit in trunk :) Although I suppose that I should at some point build a small British ship to take to battles in the MGB...

3. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

You need a Royal Navy ship that will fit in the boot of an MG? Here ya go: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairmile_D_motor_torpedo_boat

I double-dog dare ya to build one... :p

4. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Buy a Miata and be done with it! Paint it BRG (British Racing Green) and put a Union Jack on the bonnet if you have to. Your wallet, your wife, and your sanity will thank you.
    Steve "been there, done that" Tyng

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Steve, I could no more do that than buy a Yamato and throw a British flag on it. I did a 'lite' restoration about 12 years ago, but the paint job was cheap and I chalk it up to 'mistakes of youth'. Besides, doing the work is over half the fun for me :)

6. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-Pie...69653.html
    $7.99 but worth it for just the one bit. I’m sure they go on sale regularly.
    [​IMG]
    Careful, they don’t look like much, but they cut fiberglass surprisingly fast. Also work good to put a light camphor on those fiberglass edges (deburr).