Convoy

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Ubermelon, May 3, 2012.

1. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

Hey guys I was just wondering would a convoy be a good first ship? I will be paying IRCWCC and was just wondering if a convoy woud be a good beginner first ship.

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Welp, convoys are easy ships to build since they do not have things like cannons and pumps in the IRCWCC. But ... convoy ships are usually only used once or twice a year during the week long National event. Any other battle generally does not include or use convoy ships.

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Good ship to learn lots of things in, but pretty much useless in organized IRCWCC and MWCI events.

4. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Convoy ships are the big point winners in BIG GUN compitetion. Also they are mainly sailed by our under 18 crowd.
    They are a good ship to learn about ship building and evasive tatcis.

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I would not recommend building a convoy as your frist ship in the IRCWCC. You'd just be a floating target. I'd recommend a cruiser or a small battlecruiser as your first ship. Even if money is tight and you can't afford to completely arm it, you'd be better off then with a convoy ship.

6. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Guys,
    That's what my LST is :) ! But I'm looking at Putting a camera on her, so I can see the battle from her point of view!
    Nikki

7. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Even rookies need targets. :D

8. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I think Bob Amend said it best: Telling a rookie to build a convoy ship is like inviting them over to play paintball, but telling them there's only one gun, but there's a mask you can use.