Deal on the (portable!) TS-100 soldering iron (Half Off)

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by NickMyers, Jul 25, 2018.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

These are neat little irons, you have to supply your own power supply, but you can run them off lipo batteries pondside if you want...
    https://amzn.to/2uUtZzV
    Don't know how long the deals good for, discount code is TS100BC2 ggets you to $33.99 before taxation

2. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

3. NickMyers

4. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Don't deal with BangGood! That is unless you like flushing your money down the toilet. :mad:

5. NickMyers

Good thing I'm not advocating that. I have had more success than failure with them though.

6. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Look no further than the Hobby King battery iron. works fine with an XT60 connector to a LiPo. Even better with the Dr. mad thrust (where do they come up with these names?) controller. It allows power level adjustment and appears to be a controllable current limiter. I Got one when I started building retro slot cars solder ing brass sheets to music wire and doing motor wiring a well as Ham radio wiring boards - and needed a portable system when we go to dog shows that my wife competes in. It has worked very well.
    News Flash - it is an actual HAKKO pencil and marked as such. The full system is just a fancy power supply to power the 12 ish (actually 6-18v) volt pencil. Have used one for 3+ years with various tips from pinpoint to 2,3 and 5.4 mm.