deans male to xt60 female adapter

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by NASAAN101, Sep 17, 2020.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I have two speed controllers with the deans plags. But i wanted to do the Dean male to xt60 female adapter. Is that ok??
    Nikki

2. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

yes, just make sure the gauge of is big enough and use decent connectors (I've dealt with my fair share of cheap knockoff deans that it's not worth saving money to buy them) If you can solder you are better off making your own, as you will know the wire, plugs and soldering joints would be good. You could possibly always have someone make them for you as well if need be.

3. NASAAN101

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust those. You get what you pay for. If you can't solder you might see if anyone could make them for you. I've had plenty of deans connectors fail just from using, because they were cheap knockoff ones. At that price I would say not only are they cheap comnectors, but the soldering job won't be good either.

As for what connects you would need i can't say without seeing them. If the speed controller has deans, those should be males as a deans battery would be female. That way the poles can't be crossed easily due to the open nature of the deans male plug. That might not be how the escs were done though.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  5. NASAAN101

Hey Weston,
    Thats why all my stuff is going to the XT60 Connectors..
    Nikki