Death of Gissuano

Discussion in 'Construction' started by pew-pew-pew, Jun 28, 2007.

1. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

The Picture says it all... What the heck happen to this ship?!

http://www.westernwarshipcombat.com/index.php?set_albumName=album62&id=IMG004&option=com_gallery&Itemid=85&include=view_photo.php

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the infamous "Giussano Incident". That is the result of improper CO2 bottle installation. The CO2 bottle was on its side, did not have an anti-siphon tube, and the top was angled down to ease installation in an overstuffed hull. liquid CO2 leaked through the regulator, and into the plastic accumulators of a Big Gun cannon. One of the accumulators suffered a "catastrophic failure" which blew out the entire port bow and fractured the keel and subdeck. The ship was nearly lifted out of the water, thrown on its side, then forcibly shoved down to Davey Jones. When Dr. Jones eventually released his catch, the ship was deemed irreparable and two new Giussano class cruisers were built. I was not present for this event, but I am told it was most spectacular.

Edit: My brother neglected to mention that one of the replacement Giussano's was completed by me as the RM Luigi Cadorna.
    Eric

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Now that wouls suck. I got you now. Ka-Boom. What the ...