Looking For Derflinger Hull

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by jstod, Mar 1, 2021.

1. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

With the move to NY state (and fast gun country) I’d like to se about getting my hands on a Derflinger hull. I have a set of plans from strike but do not have to tools or expertise to cut all the needed wood without extraordinary waste.

-Jon

2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this one is still available (@Bob probably knows) but it would be a good starting platform

http://www.portpolarbear.com/For Sale..htm

You could also join the IRCWCC email list and ask there, most IRC members aren't on this forum. Derf is relatively popular so there are probably some used ones in the rafters looking for a new home

https://groups.io/g/ircwcc

jstod likes this.
  3. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

hey thanks for the info I’ll look into that email list. I can’t seem to find where the “local club” would be near Ft Drum NY. I downloaded the current rule book and have started reading it especially the construction stuff in prep for this build.

I should specify that I am looking for just a hull (wouldn’t be opposed to some work done Aka subdeck installed) I’m going to be spreading the builds cost out over time but I do want to build it so I know the ship inside and out.
    -Jon

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Tyler has finished that Derf hull. It’s a complete ship now. Not sure if he still wants to sell it.

5. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

@Beaver how close are you guys to Drum?

@jstod that's the closest I can think of, down in the Allegheny National Forest

jstod likes this.
  6. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

@Beaver is an hour and a half north of me and I’m 6.5hr from Ft. Drum.

7. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

I used to drive to Norther California from the Los Angeles area to battle with WWCC driving is nothing to me lol

8. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

I’ll look into that thanks

9. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

There are not local clubs in your area but you are relatively close to two battle sites (closer than most guys that go to battles there). One is in Bradford, PA near @Nate G, the other one is just south of Albany. There are three active guys in NY all south of Albany. At least half of the active battlers in the IRCWCC travel a lot to battles, we had our nationals this past year in Bradford with 33ish captains and had 17 boats on the water at our regionals there in September. Hopefully we'll have an event there this summer or fall, still a bit early in the season to get dates set.

You could also check with some of the Canadian guys (@Mark41, chase, or a couple others) though I don't remember where they are up north.

Justin Ragucci and jstod like this.
  10. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

I am the most northern guy in Jersey and I am about 4 and a quarter hours from you. Traveling all around is no problem. There are a lot of active battlers in the tri-state area and surrounding states for sure. If you come to a battle I am almost certain someone will have a loaner for you as long as you are a IRCWCC member and have your NAMBA insurance. Happy hunting and hoping to see you at a lot of battles.

jstod likes this.
  11. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Hi Jstod, and welcome.
    Derfflinger is a good starter ship.
    I am about 4 hrs NW of Ganonoque, ON to the closest US crossing to Ft. Drum. Chase is about 2 hrs in the Ottawa area. Your best bet is to travel to a regional or local battle event with a notepad and good camera to photograph the ships and talk to the captains. There are plenty of excellent resources here on this site, and captains who have much experience to learn from.
    Good luck and hope to see you pond side.
    Mark

jstod likes this.