Des Moines hull ??

Discussion in 'General' started by FishNHard, Oct 7, 2018.

1. FishNHard

FishNHard Member

Hey All , So while I'm refitting the NJ I was thinking of getting another allied ship to go along with it and was looking at BC site and was looking at the Des Moines any input on how good or bad that ship would be , Thanks John

2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

The Des Moines is the largest cruiser in the game, and handles itself very well if captained well. Ginger Andrews has been running one for years and always does well. Very solid boat for a cruiser, but it is a cruiser, so has to be battled like a cruiser.

Others can chime in with more advice.

3. FishNHard

FishNHard Member

Thanks Will, That's one ship I haven't had was a cruiser The VDT was a fun ship might think about getting another one of those ,want to getting something small for times I don't feel like lugging around a 60# ship

4. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I picked up a Des Moines hull last year and will build it eventually, it's quite large and without a step deck it makes the stern guns less ideal. It's still the only real option for full unit triple sterns for the allies. I would recommend going with a class 4 or 5 for the smaller battles, more sidemount boats usually means more fun for everyone. Something like an invincible, iron duke, VDT, konig, Baden

5. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Prinz Eugen is a cruiser of almost equal size. Just a touch smaller in all dimensions. However it has dual turrets, making triples a bit more difficult to implement well.

6. pba

pba Active Member

Baltimore is smaller and same tripple stern