Des Moines or Fuso??

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by lalimerulez, Apr 26, 2007.

1. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Excellent.

2. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Well, my brother's N.C. with all four props out-turns my friend's SoDak, which runs two out of four props......by a noticable amount.

3. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I battle a Fuso built from the Battler's Connection hull. It was my third ship and by far has been the most enjoyable for me to battle. (I battle MWC fast gun btw) It is definately much more of a hug n slug type ship. I would not reccomend it for a beginner simply because it can be a tough ship to learn how to battle in. Des Moines has speed to get out of rough spots while Fuso does not. Battler's Connection has a kit for both ships, so scratch building would not be recquired.

4. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

So Zak..
    Have you decided what you want to build and battle? As you can see, each ship has pros/cons on battling, tactics and survivability. As a rookie you will learn the ropes of do's and dont's very quickly when you get your pants wet.

If you need any help with buiding or setting up your ship, ask one of the members. There's alot of experience here that you can learn from, and perhaps not make as many mistakes.

My first build was a battle-cruiser SMS Hindenberg. In my opinion, it is a good starter ship. 4.5 units. You can dance with the big ships, but you can also run to get out of trouble too...

Anyways.. the only true way to experience this hobby is to meet the people in the club, come out and battle one of the ships, and see for yourself what you like...

If you want to drop by and check out the Northern Fleet, drop me a line and we can set something up....

Mark
    OAF[8D]

5. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Yea ive decided on the Invincible. Ron C lives like 15min away. I plan on coming to a few of the battles this year. The poll barn will begin getting built in the next few weeks so YAYYY there.

Zac

6. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Hi Zak
    Ron will help you get your hands dirty with the buiding. How far is your progress on the ship? Personally, I start with prop tubes and rudder tubes, then windows down the side and sheeting with balsa. Then add the guts and deck and you'll be battling in no time.

I have some hulls coming from Swampy and I currently working on 2 on my workbench. (Tirpitz and Narvik)I'm aiming for tirpitz to be on the water by June for it's maiden voyage/battle. I'm not sure when Narvik will be there.

You will have plenty of options with the cannon set-up and it will be a good ship for you.

Are you in NF, NY?

Mark

7. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Well.. I just have the hull and super structure. Im acutally in Cambria NY. NF is about 15 min away.

8. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The hull and SS are the hardest parts :) So you're doing well!