Destroyer build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by ZARUBA1987, Nov 18, 2019.

1. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

Looking for advice on building my z boat destroyer. Some one with past experiences with grease I now that this will be a challenging build. Really just want to use it as a loner boat since I already have it.

2. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Build light. You will have to leave things out that you wouldn't normally in a cruiser. Smaller subdeck, lightening holes i everything, less copper on the up feed and barrel. Absolute minimal wire lengths. Every gram that can be saved, save it. The trick with them is getting the trim and balance without having to add weight. It might say 4 something lbs max, but, at max weight it will be swamped easily. Should be aiming for less than 4 lbs all up. They battle like tiny cruisers but require an alert captain to manage the systems since they don't have a lot of reserve buoyancy or extra battery life. I would not recommend them for someone to use as a loner unless they had already battled a little bit. Even something in the small cruiser, like 5-6lbs range is much more forgiving to a new person and it has that feel of being a more powerful ship. That said, build it if you want, my Jap DD was a ton of fun at Nats zipping around during campaign and plinking targets. I wouldn't want to use it in fleet, but different strokes and all that.

3. ZARUBA1987

Thanks for the heads up much appreciated. Think I will put her back on the shelf for a rainy day

4. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

What kind of Japanese DD? I would like to see it

5. ZARUBA1987

She is German

6. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

I know asking @Renodemona

ZARUBA1987 likes this.
  7. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Akizuki class, I think there's a build on here somewhere, she was sold in the great divorce purge of 2017

Connor, Nibbles1 and wfirebaugh like this.