Destruction session 9MAR2014

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

This past weekend, we had our second Destruction session at Tugboat's shop. Long-time members may recall that last fall we found termites in the all-wood addition to the shop (which was mostly storage). 2 regulars showed up for both sessions, and at this point, the walls are gone, and half of the roof (the other half has framing holding it up). We started where the worst of the damage was, and have determined that the nasty critters did not manage to get into the structure of the shop proper (probably because they couldn't chew through aluminum siding). Much fun has been had (and many sore muscles), and the termites that were taken prisoner went on to DIE IN A FIRE, as all such war criminals should. Brian and I think that another 2 weekends will finish it off. Brian got something back for his efforts, as the 1/4" plywood that was NOT chewed by the 'mites is going to make a nice archery backstop for his recently-more-lethal daughter who is very into archery and wants to practice at home. Christopher is getting green stuff and some random electronics that were in the back. I was happy because the two heavy doors on the end of the addition were the same size as the cheap, single-sheet-of-plywood doors that were on the shed, and the transplant went smoothly. Even better, Brian went and got the three of us big slurpees while Chris and I worked on the doors.
    We also managed to get a TV shelf built into one corner of the shop, with another shelf below it that holds the stereo and DVD player. This freed up the workbench at the end of the shop for another boat-work station.
    But the Bitondo brothers will have to work outside in the rain, because they skipped both sessions :crying:
    Doubtless they will plead 'duty' or '6 hours of driving' or something eaqually laughable. :woot:

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Gascan would explain but he is on duty. I, on the other hand, make no such claim. Rather, I drove him in to work early in the morning, then went back to sleep. And promptly slept through my alarms. By the time I woke up, it was time for dinner. But fear not, that extra sleep went to a good cause. It helped E-div win the annual Eng Dep Jeopardy tournament, winning all of E-div a free lunch, and a placing a few more signatures in my qual card.

I do hope to make the next session, though.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Good, we have more roof to pull down :) And a crap-ton of wood to burn (more than the first bonfire),and Tuggy's bringing marshmellows and hot dogs to roast.