Deutschland-class to start

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Flukie, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Flukie

Flukie Member

I have been up late researching which ship I would want to build first, and from what it seems one of the Deutschland class ships seems the best to start with. From other threads it seems I should start with a battle cruiser, and when comparing battle cruisers, Deutschland seems like the best for size and complexity, but I am not sure. Any pointers or threads to look at would be nice.

2. Fridge

Fridge Active Member

This is coming from a rookie, but this also coming from the workshop that I'm building in that has three(!!!) currently in it, (one completed, one is the loaner boat I'll be using on the next available battle, and one about to get refit,) so I've learned about them a bit. I looked at the map on here, the Seattle area is fast gun, right?

For fast gun at least, it's a good ship to learn and grow with from what I was told. It's a decent size, about 50" long give or take, so there's good working space inside and it's not too cramped, and the step deck (I think that's what it's called) I would think would have very little freeboard showing from the stern. I was told that because it has two props and one rudder to make sure to set the shafts to have the props point in a bit to the rudder so that the thrust would deflect more and help turning. I think it'd be a good ship to grow with and learn to build, and I'm also looking forward to learning with one once this whole corona thing dies down. I'm sure there's a lot more others could say on the subject, I'm still learning on my first build.

Since you're already on the forum, I'm sure others will reach out to you like they did me, and they will give a lot more information to you about the build and have meetings to help you along the way once this lockdown stuff is over, (if it's like it where you are like it is here,) and they'd be more than happy to help you make a choice and help with your build. Welcome to the forum, btw!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Flukie likes this.
  3. Flukie

Flukie Member

Sadly, all I am able to do is stalk this forum and gather as much information as I can at the moment. I found the Admiral Sheer plans to purchase on strikemodels.com, unless there are free plans someone already has, but I know if i get a PDF of the plans I would have to either self draw the plans or print them somewhere else.

Mark41 likes this.