Deutschland the Cruiser

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by wdodge0912, Nov 25, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

Picked up a Deutschland cruiser, was delivered today. Going to go for the ideal triples and a half unit pump. I do want to see if I can squeeze 1 1/4" props on it without having to change anything. Does mean the rudder will need to resized, but sounds like it would have to be done either way with the rules being passed.

Attached Files:

2. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

I'm glad it arrived safely. Can't wait to have a 1 on 1 battle with you.
    I hope the conversion goes smoothly.
    Mark

wdodge0912 likes this.
  3. wdodge0912

not too much to update. I do have guns for the ship and will slowly work on installing them. Was trying to egg out the gun holes in the turret for some better down angle through it, and boy did that stuff not like the high speed of a dremel. luckily I have a backup part, but will be looking at getting something easier to work with while I figure the guns out.

In the meantime, here is a picture of it on my work table, out in the almost cleaned up garage.

EDIT: just ordered some parts, going to clean the ship table up and shelf it until they arrive. I did cut a piece of the aluminum L channel I have to fit in the rear barbette. I think I'm going to pop 3 holes with a drill through the deck (since the barbette is glued on top of the deck), and then one side of the L, cutting to the edge to make a U shape in the L channel for holding the elbow. then would just need to shape and mount the mags and it should stay relatively aimed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Evan Fowler, Panzer and Boatmeister like this.
  4. wdodge0912

So it's been a while. I have the triples mounted solid. Haven't test fired them, but they are in. Electronics are all wired up and bench tested. I do need to waterproof the gun board. I have the 1-1/4” props and sadly the hit each other. I ordered today materials to replace the shafts so I can fix that.

darkapollo likes this.