DKM Bismarck Tour (on my website)

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Commodore, May 19, 2022.

1. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Hey there ...
    As noted in another thread, I've kind of been slacking of late, so I decided it was about time I updated my website with a tour of my "new" Bismarck and her systems. The full tour can be found at:
    https://www.scrapcombatships.com/commodore/warships/bismarck.html
    (Sorry, I'm not going to copy/paste all that here, hope you don't mind clicking and looking)
    But here's a teaser to whet your viewing appetite:
    IMG_7026 (1).JPG
    (Smurf not included. Sort of...)
    Anyway, have a look and let me know if I've made any egregious errors, typos, accidental reflections (kidding!), or for that matter if you have any questions that I've left unanswered.

Enjoy!

NickMyers, darkapollo and Xanthar like this.
  2. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

Nice. Oulde Skoole but solid. Also love the Video : P

3. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Very nice! Who’s hull Chris?

4. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

It's my old Bismark that I received as a partially completed scratch hull (Ribs, subdeck, & most of the waterchanneling were completed when I got it) originally built by Tim Beckett. I ran it from 2004-2006, then let Chris borrow it in 2007. He eventually took it off my hands completely and changed out most of the internals (Drive & rudder posts are all that I think remain from my days) and recently retired my old superstructure in favor of his very nice printed one.

5. Commodore

So, yeah, I was feeling all html-ey tonight, so I updated my website with brief blurbs and pictures of the Foch and Seydlitz. Sadly, no tours or other spiffy stuff. I should probably get better pictures sometime, maybe do a video tour. That might be nice.

Anyway, here they are:
    https://www.scrapcombatships.com/commodore/myships/myships.html

And oh, hey, I also included a link to the video of my old Augusta finishing off a certain Lutzow in a 1v1 battle.

And btw, Bob, yes, I bought the Bismarck from Tim. He built the hull, Brian built the superstructure and internals (v1, 2006). As he said, I borrowed her in 2007, and then she vanished for a while. As noted on my web blurb, I offered Tim an absurd amount of money for her, and Tim came through, albeit with Tim tech. (Nothing exceeds like excess, you know). My major mods for last year were to replace Brian's beautiful, but showing its age superstructure with my 3d printed design, and replace the Tim guns (which I gave to Brian) with a set of my own design/specifications. Because I really dislike that huge clippard hose, it's such a pain and gets in the way all the time.

6. Commodore

Eh, I was having fun, so I added a bunch of ancient videos to the page too. Enjoy!

7. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Love the update. Videos are great.

8. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

@Commodore Got any more pics of your Michigan?

9. Commodore

Hmm. I wish I had taken more pictures back then. Heck, I wish we had iphones back then. Sheesh.
    Anyway, looking through my archive, I found this one, I think it's the only other one I have scanned.
    Michi.jpg
    And yes, I was a dummy and put my pump in the front of the ship. Derp.

Xanthar likes this.