DKM Kormoran build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by 11561, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

I think the point he was making is that there were some questions asked of the builder who hasn't been seen in around 6 years, so It's fairly unlikely there would be an answer from him. ;) It would be great if there was... just unlikely. ;)

I certainly agree that there is no harm in replying to an old thread, especially if someone is trying to learn from it, and it's pertinent. Just my humble opinion though. :D

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I think thread necros are one of those case-by-case sort of things. I suspect we're going to see more of them now since post timestamps are not as prominent in this style as they were in the old style.

It will however probably not bring back the original poster of a long gone thread. Any thread posted prior to Nov 15 2014 will not generate watch notifications to the original poster unless they've explicitly returned and marked it to watch. Thread watches were one thing I did not transfer when we shifted to XF.

3. Swiss Cheeze

Swiss Cheeze Member

Yeah I used to be a newb and still consider myself one to this hobby. I use the search function and still am left with questions that seem to go unanswered. I say answer or maybe point them in another direction if needed. I think these forums like others have multiple threads with the same data. It would be nice to get more stuff stickied that was pertinent. Some threads now like this one lol have entries that if removed would shorten the learning curve and or searching.