DKM Prinz Eugen

Discussion in 'MWC (defunct)' started by Gardengnome, May 11, 2010.

1. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

If one were to use a half unit pump can they make the 3 units into 2 1.5 unit cannons? I am not sure since the rule does not state anything like this. But it really is not breaking the spirit of the rule or I would think. The only thing it mayb skirting is the bolded portion and I am not sure. But then again if this is true I guess a 5 unit ship could have a 1.5 haymaker and sterngun with a one unit bow side mount. Maybe I am opening a can of worms and just answered my question..
    5. A one unit cannon carries a load of 50 bbs fired singleshot, or 15 bbs if spurted. A 1/2 unit cannon carries 25 bbs fired singleshot, or 10 bbs if spurted. A 1/2 unit cannon magazine may be added to a 1 unit cannon magazine, making a 1 1/2 unit cannon with 75 bbs. Cannon units may not be subdivided into smaller cannon units (a 1 unit cannon may not be made into two 1/2 unit cannons). A ship may mount only a single ½ unit cannon in its offensive armament. In Ship Classes 3 and above, any legal 1/2 units must be used as a cannon with 75 bbs in the magazine. Only Class ½, 1, 2 and 3 ships with all cannons in the bow and/or stern quadrants may be armed with spurt cannons.
    The reason I ask this is because while I am making ally ships now. One day I will make a Tegetthoff class DN (I just love the look of her and her sister ships) and cruiser to accompany it.. I may just make it easy and do a Graff Spee since I loved it as a kid.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You can only have one gun with a .5 in it. Your PE could go with a 1 unit pump a 1.5 unit gun and a 1 unit gun or 3 one unit guns and a 1/2 unit pump.
    I think that twin sterns in the lower turret and one stern gun in the higher turret with a 1/2 unit pump is best.

3. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I thought it had to have a 1 unit pump?

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Nope, it's big enough to get the 1/2 unit. Nathaniel Goodson had this set up. A pretty good ship, unless you let a little frog CL dump a load of bbs into the port side durring campain. Bye Bye PE!

5. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

Yeah that is what I was thinking.
    I wonder how well a 15 degree off CL w/ some depression in the C turret. Sorta like a poo' mans excuse for a side mount. If doing something like that would it be the longitudal CL of the turret to longitudal CL of Hul or would it be from sterngun tube to longitudal CL of hull? It does not really specify in the rules.
    6. Bow and stern firing cannons on all classes of ships cannot be angled more than 15 degrees either side of the longitudinal centerline of the model.

6. MWC13

MWC13 Member

From the LCL to the barrel.

7. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

You mean this PE? :whistling:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/iunnrais/PrinzEugenDamage?authkey=Gv1sRgCOvA6Zf79JnNtQE&feat=directlink
    Also a good idea not to use lawn and garden fabric as internal armor (I think that's what Lief was using....it....didn't withstand the barrage)