Drag Props and Debate (Split from Seydlitz build)

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by Beaver, May 3, 2017.

1. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

15 m = 4.1 inch. Your insults don't change the facts.

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Kevin - In response to you.

Does it make it right? Like I said, I have no problem not using drag disks, and following the rule. And I said if you want to use drag disks change the rule to include them. But since I have no problem not using them, why would I want a rule change? If others want to continue using them, they should propose a change, most would vote for it.

It was a example, not a shot, where the club appears to be very selective on which rule they decide to follow, and enforce. I asked how much larger can a drag disk be, how much additional slope? I got no answer, but received more insults instead, and still follow the Spirit of the rules. Marty said it was questionable, but did not say it was illegal. He did say he considered hinged drag disk to be illegal, if they violate other sections of the rules, well what if they don't, a ESC will ensure that the boat conforms to the additional rule, and that it does not exceed reverse speed. So are they illegal under Marty's thoughts or not, if they meet the rules.

So if we allow all these little deviations, at what point does it become illegal? 2.8 sq addition inches? When they are not in the rules to began with? Allot of us still were use both a prop, and drag disk on the non-powered shafts, carry over from the MWC days, legal there, but not here, yet has not been called out on any boat as far as I know. No one as far as I know was doing it to cheat, no one caught the fact that it was not allowed by the IRC rules..

I never said not to battle as they are now, I said if you want to use them, then the rule needs to be changed, since they are illegal by the rules. Their response was more insults, and was to say we can change the rule using the Executive Board. Giving a interpretation of a rule, means you interpret the rule, not make changes to it. And just my opinion of course, but adding drag disks to the rule is a change.

I really don't remember saying that. I do remember saying that Don and Rick decided due to health issues to stay home from both Charlie's, and Nats. That they did not want to drive that far.

Would I vote for your rule proposal on drag disks? Comes down to whats in it.