Drop us a line

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by Powder Monkey, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

yes im still here[8D]

2. Mark

Mark Active Member

So to go back to the earlier question (directed to Powder Monkey)do you know my uncle? names Pat Swihart and he's a fire fighter in Lawrence

3. Powder Monkey

NOT SURE IM A FIRE FIGHTER IN NEWBURYPORT DO KNOW A FEW BY NAME HERE A FEW MORE BY FACE

4. Mark

Mark Active Member

Is Don still a member of your group, I had his e-mail but lost it, have a build meet coming up and he had mentioned that he was interested

5. House Kurita

House Kurita New Member

Hello all, I just signed onto the board today. My brother and I live in CT and we are looking to join up. We are old to the R/C scene but new to warship combat. Looking forward to picking a few brain as we begin to build and R&D.

Stu

6. Powder Monkey

i'm new as well and as you can see have been busy latly but im back now I will help if I can

7. EricMA

EricMA Member

Hi
    I new here and I am interested in joining. I don't have a ship yet but I am working on building one. I do have a few questions as I have found that there are many different scales that are used. I am interested in 1/96th scale. Any suggestions would be welcome. I live in Plymouth MA.

8. Mark

Mark Active Member

eric, to start go to the scale shipyard website, they have tons of ships in 1/96 scale for sale. you should also check out http://www.homeport.com
    they're located in the Boston area. if you have any questions just ask

9. Mark

Mark Active Member

sorry thats http://www.homeportmodels.com

10. EricMA

EricMA Member

Thanks Mark

I was planning on building a fletcher class destroyer but it seem to be a toss up between that or a Des Moines class heavy cruiser.

Eric

11. Powder Monkey

Hey let me know when you want to start I work 24 so my schedule is weird

12. Powder Monkey

hey mark how you guys make out this year

13. Mark

Mark Active Member

?on what? as far as ships go? well Jeff found some serious flaws in his plug he made for the Mass. so he's going to build out of wood now, Matt's cutting frames and starting cont. of the Iowa hull. my Yamato hull is ready for sea trials and the I-400 is not far off. in the next month or so, when the plans come in from Japan, I will start the Shinano along with the 1945 version of the Yamato (doing the 1941 as built version now). going to get those hulls off Carl to build some transports to shoot at also. it also looks like I'm going to hold off moving this year so it will allow for mor battling this summer/fall:) we should set up a multi format battle (or a few of them) this summer.

14. Powder Monkey

I think we would be a little out sized dont you maybe if you fought tin cans against our cruiseres and cruiseres against or BB [;)]

15. Mark

Mark Active Member

I don't think it would matter too much (size difference) as long as the sides were balanced. say two 1/96 scale ships and two 1/144 scale ships per side (you get the gist of what I've trying to say?)

16. Powder Monkey

Shear volume alone would make you the winner I would think[}:)]

17. Mark

Mark Active Member

each team would have both 1/96 and 1/144 scale ships, I think it would work

18. Powder Monkey

I will pass it on to some of our senior captains bit I personally think it would be a blood bath [xx(] for my ship dam I would feel like I had an armed life boat [;)]