Drydock anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by jstod, Feb 3, 2014.

1. misguided1

misguided1 Member

I'd recommend doing as much hiking and running as possible. Scout sniper is hard together into. Only 1 out of 5 make it to being a scout sniper. Good luck and keep us informed on how you're doing. I was a 2844 radio technician.

2. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

its definitely going to be life changing. I had actually considered LAVs and tanks but would have had to wait 3 years to make any move to sniper training. Im doing the running and hiking but its never been my favorite thing haha just have to change the mind set.

Tug, I thought you were in the navy.

3. misguided1

misguided1 Member

It better become your favorite thing. You're gonna be doing a lot of it, especially since you're going grunt

4. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Tug went to Parris Island back in 1989... in 1994, my contract was up and the Marines were 'right-sizing' as Clinton referred to it. Fortunately, the Navy needed Nukes and I had a really high ASVAB score. The rest is history lol. I'm proud of my Navy time and would not give it up, but I am far prouder that I am a Marine, as anyone who sees my Facebook page can attest(there's a fair number of battlers on facebook).

6. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

As a former ground pounder, I wish you the best of luck. "Its a good life , if you can survive it."

7. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Ah Tug you went to boot camp the year i was born lol thats awesome.

We got to get a little taste of the DI's today at the LA recruit station games. It wasn't that bad but I can definitely understand why people are intimidated by them haha

8. Tugboat

Just wait till they own your @$$ :) When I went to PI, it was 13 weeks. What is it these days?

9. misguided1

misguided1 Member

it's still 13 weeks. That hasn't changed.

10. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

yup still 13 weeks though the first 5-6 days is all admin stuff

11. Tugboat

Excellent. If you're not within weight standards yet, get there before you go. Be able to run 3 miles in 20 minutes or faster. Be able to do at least 5 pullups (without a lot of grunting and drama) and 90 situps (in two minutes). The closer you are to a 300-point PFT, the better your life will be in Boot Camp.

12. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Got the last two down pat but just working on the running

13. Tugboat

The closer you can get to 20 pullups, the better life will be :) 5 will keep you from getting screamed at. 10 will get you frowned at and a 'that's all?' 20+ will get you nary a glance, and that's a good thing :) But work on the running. Getting to 3 miles is a good goal, then getting to 20 minutes, then down to 18 or less. If you show up in that shape, it'll still be tough (it IS Boot Camp), but you won't draw fire from the DI's for being slow or weak :)

14. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Now if you cant do the minimum they won't even allow you to show up. I expect it to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life until that point. Infantry school is supposed to be harder physically