Duca d'Aosta has arrived.

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by djranier, Mar 31, 2017.

1. c-wiseman

c-wiseman Member

Thanks Nick

2. smorgret

smorgret Vendor

Well, I can finally say something about this little project. It has actually been quite difficult getting the mold to fill, and a lot of time and effort has gone into finding some way to make it work. I finally got a part back that would be acceptable for combat use. It is by no means perfect (and this particular hull weighs 5 pounds), but we have a path now for usable hulls. Sourcing a material that works has been a nightmare. I had been holding back on announcing it as I was not at all sure that there was anything that could be released. Most of the pulls I have are not usable.
    I do have a few hulls that are of ok quality that I can release. Right now, I do not know when I will be getting any of the better ones back, and we only have sufficient material for 6 more (another material hunt is ongoing). I have decks available for the Duca, but little else. I was not confident that the molding problems would get solved, even as of a few days ago. Please contact me by email.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Strike Models

3. smorgret

smorgret Vendor

After a lot of testing (and a supply run to Canada), we finally have a resin that seems to work well for the rotomolding. I also just finished up the mold for the primary turret and have some test parts in.

Lou likes this.