Dumb Question

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by tsolson55, Apr 22, 2010.

1. tsolson55

tsolson55 Active Member

In a short answer, what are the main rule differences between MWCI and IRCWCC?
    Thanks

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Hmm ... the ones I can think of without digging into the rule sets are:

IRCWCC
    Bismark is 7 units vs 6.5 units in MWC
    Cruisers are 1 second slower vs MWC speeds
    Ships greater than 800' may have two sidemounted cannons in a single turret vs a select few ships in MWC
    The 01 area that is part of the hull above the main deck must be penetrable vs solid area in MWC
    PDNs in MWC are allowed a single sidemount cannon

3. mike5334

Ah. Almost forgot a big one: Lutzows may have triples (3 cannons and a half unit pump) vs doubles (2 cannons + a half unit magazine and a full unit pump) in the MWC.

4. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

In IRCWCC single rudder cruisers 599' and over are allowed 50% extra rudder area (as well as single rudder boats over 700' like MWC)

In IRCWCC any authorized 1/2 unit can be used for the pump, providing it is the only pump on the boat

In IRCWCC armoured cruisers are 3 units with the bigger ones being 3.5 units versus 2.5 units in MWC

In the MWC rules it states that boats that don't have any unpowered shafts can have speed trim disks on the powered shafts....the regular IRCWCC guys will have to chime in on wether this is practiced by 2 shafts ships in the club or not.....but it is not in the IRCWCC rules.

Another difference would be the rules covering rotates and cannon coverage....I am remembering the discussion about the Iron Duke rotates , seems MWC is ok with that while IRCWCC says it was illegal.

5. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

One more I just thought of , in IRCWCC class 2 and under are allowed to use their units in 1/2 unit increments

6. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

there is great disagreement about the IRCWCC rotate rule, and we are awaiting the e-board to make it clear what it is, and hopefully, someone to propose a rule to clarify things

7. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Yes I probably should have said 'some within the IRCWCC' versus 'IRCWCC' as by using the latter it makes it sound like a club decision.

8. mike5334

I might be reading the MWC list incorrectly, but it looks like armored cruisers are class 3 ships, not 2.

9. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

That could be, not being a paid member of any club (hence no updated rules/ship lists in the mail every year) I was just going by the ship list on mwci.org which still has AC's as class 2 boats.

10. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I may have missed the memo, but as far as I know armored cruisers are 2.5 unit ships.

EDIT:  Yes.  Class 2.  2.5 units.  All Armored Cruisers built before 1922. 

11. mike5334

I'm wrong. :)

12. tsolson55

tsolson55 Active Member

We'll so they're close to the same, but mostly isn't the IRCWCC an East Coast group? Kinda a long drive from So.Cal

13. mpagegala

mpagegala Member

I had drag discs mounted on both shafts of my Conte di Cavour for a few years and no issue was ever made of it.

14. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Yes, we are mainly on the East Coast and Eastern Canada. Although clubs in Ohio and Washington State use our rules set. Yes, the MWC and IRC rules sets are very close, and we allow ships which have unique rules under MWC to fight in our regionals, etc. (such as side mounts on Armored Cruisers and speeded up Cruisers.) We also try to travel to some of the MWC events where they are just as gracious.

15. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Mike, what are you going to do with a 1/96th scale FN Verite PDN?

16. mike5334

Battle in the Battlestations club. Should be a good little ship for it, relatively speaking of course.

17. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Mike is going to fight a 1/96 Pommern, of course.