E-Board Rulings

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by NickMyers, May 27, 2017.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

The E-board has issued interpretations of a few things. They're also posted on the IRC website ( http://ircwcc.com/main/home/e-board-rulings/ ):

**note: I am not the e-board and have nothing to do with them, i'm just the 2nd hand messenger

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

They did not rule on the size question that I have been asking for since the beginning!

But Steve this years CD did respond to my question, and he stated that as long as they don't interfere with another ship along side he has no problem with them being bigger. Others have stated that they don't think that falls under the spirit of the rule, should be the size of the drive props, but you know how that goes!

So you can make them what ever size you want pretty much, just adjust your outside shafts so they fall more under your boat, and you can get much larger. Already seeing it has been done on a few boats.

3. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

So you have no problem pushing the limit like that? Remember that shafts must be in relatively scale locations. Bending you shafts down 20 degrees so you can fit excessively large drag disks will violate that rule.
    Why do you want to push things to the level of insanity just because "the rules don't say I can't"?

4. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Large drag disks are somewhat self regulating, If they are too large they hinder rather than help IMHO

5. djranier

Beaver I did not say I was going to do it did I? I said I have already seen it being done by some. So if others see it, don't you think they will follow? What happens ever time with in a year or too, when they set no limits.

What about cutting the skegs off, I did not see you post about that when I brought it up. so you must be OK with that, when the rules specifically say they must be on the boat.

And large drag disks Marty does not matter, put large props on the boat, with a higher torque motor geared down, you can over come anything, why we should have limits.

6. Beaver

No, and I'm sorry that it sounded like I was accusing you. But if you're seeing people doing this and not trying to prevent it I assume you don't mind pushing the limit either.
    I don't remember hearing about this, or I might have missed it. Really though, can you expect me to express my opinion on every subject brought up? A lack of response hardly shows one's feelings on a matter.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Panzer likes this.
  7. NickMyers

?

8. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I'm going to hang two iPhones as my drag disks, nothing like paying to win!

NickMyers likes this.
  9. Beaver

When you take things out of context, cut off parts, combine two unrelated comments, yeah, it won't make sense...
    You have the makings of a fine lawyer, Nick.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  10. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

I will use samsung, that way when they explode I will take down any nearby ships.

11. NickMyers

I'd argue they're fairly related.
    You indicated that Dave not objecting to a practice is inherently condoning it and then proceed to follow it with a statement that your own failure to express an objection to a thing is not condoning or condemning.

Alas for missing my true calling, I shall have to practice here, gratis ;)

12. Beaver

You fail to note that, to best of my recollection, I never incountered this skeg conversation and I have no opinion to express without first inquiring into it. Assuming someone's opinion to a conversation they had no part of is hazardous.
    On the other hand, Dave has expressed that without a regulatory rule you can do whatever you want. Using that as a basis, I'd say it's probable that he has no problem with pushing the limits.
    Might try taking some Spanish while you're at it. ;)

13. NickMyers

o? alredy no bad engrish, y kneed spanglish?

do you think burnt out husks of samsung notes will increase or decrease drag? Asking for a friend...

14. Beaver

Because it might help you to know the meaning of the Spanish words you're using. ;)

15. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Gratis is used in several languages English included, it would be more correct to call it a Latin word as that is where it is derived from.

Panzer and NickMyers like this.
  16. djranier

Just because people have been doing it makes it right per the V.P of the club! Even when its against the rules? Now you can see why the e-board made a rule change, because everyone was doing it, that must make it right?

The board agreed that the overall consensus within the club, who did they ask? Just the local people, I did not see any emails asking anyone's opinion? None of us down here in Florida were asked. Any other area get asked about this issue?

What it comes down to, since the E board made this illegal rule change, at least they should of set limits at the same time, may have been more acceptable to most members, I talked to the guys down here in Florida, they all agree it was a rule change, which is not allowed, but if they were going to do it anyways, limits should have been set.

I see quite a few people that don't agree with their ruling, so how was it a consensus?

Hopefully Kevin gets his rule change proposal done before Nats, and cleans this mess up they made for themselves.

17. NickMyers

If you were operating under the assumption I was trying to be fancy and say 'thank you' or something else (I don't actually speak or read more than a few words of Spanish, so I have no clue what else is close to gratis) and butchered it, you're mistaken. I was being fancy but with correct and intentional word choice and not selecting from my limited knowledge of Spanish. ;)

Personally I was aiming for Latin.

absolutek likes this.
  18. Beaver

What I gather from my limited knowledge of Spanish and Latin, gratis mean "free, no charge, favor, etc." 'Gratias' would be more appropriate for saying 'thanks', if that's what you were aiming for.;)

19. NickMyers

Good thing for me I meant and used 'gratis' then.
    In addition to being 'free' / 'no charge', it also loosely translates (well after the fact) as 'Fortunately I used the correct latin word for my meaning so I don't look silly.'

20. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

rule proposal is pretty much done, the only sticking point I see is reverse only props. Some people don't like them, some probably want them to stay.