El Sink-O De Mayo

Discussion in 'General' started by Kotori87, May 7, 2007.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Message intercepted by Axis Command at 1611 hours, from RM Luigi Cadorna:
    *crackle* *hiss* fleet in full retreat *fizz-POP* heavy casualties, requesting reinforcements... *snap* *hiss* struck by four tor*pop* *fizzle* survival in question...
    end of transmission

Message received by Axis Command at 1615 hours, from DKM Spahkreuzer:
    Attack successful; engaged Allied fleet at 1200 hours; three battleships, one heavy cruiser, one light cruiser, and two transports sunk; surviving Allied ships in full retreat; fleet oiler lost during engagement; Spahkreuzer received hits from Alabama and Iowa; out of fuel; under tow by Lutzow and Giussano; survival in question...
    end of transmission

Will Luigi Cadorna survive? Will Spahkreuzer make it back to port? Find out next time, in El Sink-O De Mayo!

Well folks, the Western Warship Combat Club kicked off the season with a sink-filled slugfest on the fifth of may. Twelve ships participated, and five of them sank a total of eight times over a period of four hours. During the third and fourth sorties, my brother and I went head-to-head, pitting my Spahkreuzer against his Luigi Cadorna. The third sortie was inconclusive, but the fourth sortie proved a decisive and spectacular conclusion to our little "duel". As for who won, all I'll say is that one ship went down in a blaze of glory, and the other nearly nearly joined the first. If you want more information then you'll have to wait for a complete report.