Electronic Fire Speed Control

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Manic Minion, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Manic Minion

Manic Minion New Member

Hey Everyone,

I am drawing up my first proposed Combat ship in AutoCAD right now, however based on the build regs, i need to limit the "Fire Rate" of the BDS, i saw a picture of a circuit board somewhere on here but cant seem to locate it again,

Question: Is there a simple plug and play module i can purchase to control the rate of fire on the BDS

I am pretty cluey when it comes to mechanical designs, but electronic design is beyond me at this stage as i simply don't understand it enough yet,

Cheers for your help :)

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Yeah, check out BC's ROF fire control board.

http://battlersconnection.com/rof-limited-firing-board/

The standard one is 2 shots/sec but if you let myself and Rick know what you need when you order they can be programmed for what your local rules require. Since all cannons are different and need to be activated for different amounts of time before they actually fire a shot these boards regulate ROF by controlling the "off" time between shots. (If you hold down the button they won't go full auto at the stated ROF.)

Manic Minion likes this.
  3. Manic Minion

Manic Minion New Member

Awesome thanks Snipe, How many 6v solenoids could i run off the single board ?? i am planing on having 3 forward guns and 2 stern guns, would a board for fwd & 1 for stern be enough ??

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Depends on how much current the solenoids you're using draw, I don't know what the common solenoids in Australia are so I can't speak to them directly. The boards are rated for a max of 5A and can run 3 of the 6V Kips that are pretty standard in the fast gun world without any problems, those are rated at 7W so a little over 1A each.

5. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Plan to leave yourself 20-30% of margin on solenoid currents. The coil resistance can vary that much, so if the solenoid spec sheet says it draws 1 amp each, don't try to drive 5 solenoids with 1 firing board rated at 5 amps.