events '09

Discussion in 'Midwest Battle Group' started by kal skirata, Jul 20, 2009.

1. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

i was wondering when the next battle/events would be happing this year.

thanks...

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Well the biggun guys have been invited to our treaty event in Ravenna OH next month. I'm not sure how many is any are planning to attend, but if you're interested you can stop by and see some of our Treaty ships. We have a couple of biggun guys who battle with us in Treaty as well and it's possible they might bring a biggun ship or three to the event just in case..

3. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

4. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

when's the date of the event?

5. crzyhawk

Aug 13-15th in Ravenna OH.

6. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

DANG! thats the wek i start school.. when is the nes=xt one thats close to kentucky. :(

7. crzyhawk

Well the guys out in Dayton OH have fairly regular treaty battles. I'm not sure about the MGB, I'm not too sure how active they are. I'm hesitant to post TOO much in their forums, as I am not trying to recruit their people. Was just trying to say there was a battle in Ravenna that some biggun guys might be at.

8. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

ok well thanks..

9. crzyhawk

I asked Mikey on our Treaty email list when the next time they are battling out his way. I shoot you a PM when he answers.

10. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

11. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I am not sure that we could put together a battle before the Conference in August, but we will probably be having build sessions most of the weekends up till then. Josh was talking about having a battle down in the Cinci area, in late August, or early Sept.
    I will get back to you on this.
    Mikey

12. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

13. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Might want to be thinking about coming to next year's NABGO, which will be in the first half of July. Rmember, this is the Big Gun equivalaent to IRCWCC/MWC's Nats. our National event. It is a week of getting together for working on ships and battling. Sadly, we haven't had anyone from MBG in the past 5 years. By the way, CBG, from the DC area won the most !st Place medals this year, and we had a great year for prizes.

Cheers,

14. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

so im thinking about buying a ship and am stuck between buying a standard big gun ship or a fast gun ship...... i dont know who is closer to me and has more frequent events....

15. froggyfrenchman

Ben
    You live in an area where the other local skippers are more interested in the big-gun format, but they are battling Treaty in S.W. Ohio, because it is fairly close, and active. We also make a habit of inviting the big-gun groups to our events (to battle in between our sorties), and although they usually don't have any battles, some of the big-gunners do on occasion drop in to pal around and talk boats.
    Treaty has invited all of the big-gunners to our 4-day event in Ravenna, Ohio on August 13-16.
    We are also planning to invite the big-gunners to our Xenia, and probably our Cincinnati events in the next few months.
    Mikey

16. froggyfrenchman

So if you live in Louisville, and you want to battle on a regular basis, and you are on a budget, then I would suggest that you look into Treaty.
    Ray, and Larry live in Louisville, and attend a couple Treaty battles each year. You might be able to ride up with them.
    We generally have a couple/few loaner boats available for you to use until you either purchase a used boat, or build one.
    That would get you on the water in the short term, while you look into the other clubs/formats, and decide what you want to do in the long term.
    Our construction rules are very similar to fast-gun, so you can battle with the fast-gun clubs with a Treaty boat with little-or-no modifications.
    At the same time. Some of our rules came from the big-gun formats, so if and when the MBG becomes active again, you would have a pretty good understanding of their rules.
    It is also possible that you could pick a ship that would be able to battle in both big-gun and Treaty, with little-or-no modifications.
    Treaty was designed to give new combatants, with limited funds, the ability to build a larger variety of boats, with less cost, and still be able to be competetive.
    Mikey

17. kal skirata

kal skirata New Member

yea i think i decided to go with treaty.

thanks

18. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Another thought for the Big Gun guys in MBG. NABGO (the North American Big Gun Open) is for a week. The first 3 days are for early birds that want extra shipyard time, camaraderie, etc. There are other extracurricular events scheduled during that time, like the Great Hobby Shop Grand Tour, a trip to Lone Star Balsa, Regal Plastics, etc. As for the pond, it is free-time. This year, CBG used some of the free time for training rookie skippers and some quality pond time among members only while others went out for sea trials and such. We do have a ballasting pond (fountain) right next to the shipyard, too. So, coming to NABGO for the whole week, you can include a couple of MBG battles if you want, along with the standard NABGO battles. Some of the guys in IRCWCC and MWCI only come to their Nats (also a week long), by the way. For those not familiar, this is an all-inclusive deal - room, meals, beverages (adult beverages available in the evenings, not at the battling), meeting rooms, shipyard, etc.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

19. froggyfrenchman

All
    Here are some directions to the event near Cinci next Saturday Nov. 14.
    I do not have a street address, but will post one later.

The pond is in the Village on the green.

From I-71 take exit 28, and go south on Ohio route 4 @ 4 miles.
    Take a left on Stephen's road.
    Then turn right into the Village on the green.

I will post a street address later today.
    Lets try to get the first battle started around 10am.

I have spoken with Josh about inviting the Big-gunners to battle between our sorties, and he says that is fine.

We will also be discussing the calendar for the 2010 battling season in our area.
    Hope to see you all there.
    Mikey

20. froggyfrenchman

All
    Here is the address for the Cinci event on Nov. 14th.
    Start time is 10am. We will stay as late as we can.

7668 Lakepointe Drive
    Maineville, Ohio
    Mikey