Fall Battle at Wades

Discussion in 'MWC (defunct)' started by warspite, Jul 28, 2014.

1. warspite

warspite Active Member

The much feared and anticipated Fall battle at Wade's has been posted for the last weekend in September (9/27 and 9/28).This will be a two day un-sanctioned affair which is open to all MWCI, IRC, and un-affiliated battlers. You will however be required to be a MWCI member or be covered by NAMBA insurance to be able to participate.
    To keep the cost down we will be keeping ponside ammeneties to a minimum (no blue water, no trophies, no guest appearance by Lady gaga), and, in lieu of battling fees, we are looking for volunteers to bring C02 tanks to the event so we can skip trying to rent tanks if we can.

More info to follow!

Banzai!

John

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Still gonna have a porta-john?

3. warspite

warspite Active Member

We will use the facilities in the house or, if we have a ton of folks, get a porta-john. We will have potty options that go beyond the "bushes yonder" :) John

4. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Any firm numbers on this meet?

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I know the list on the website should be accurate for our region, I forgot who said they could come from R3.
    I don't think Gerald can make it, not sure about Dirty.

6. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

I'll be there, just haven't sent in membership dues yet so I have club insurance. Mike T

7. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Do the 1 day insurance Mike, its cheaper and its probably the last battle for the year in our area.

8. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

Heh, hadn't thought of that. That'll let me get some more spare stuff to hopefully keep running. Thanks!

9. warspite

warspite Active Member

Hey Mike,

Any idea what boat you will be bringing? I will get you added to the sign up list. I can't wait to get on the water again!

John

10. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Mike, if you use standard stuff like Kips, and other items, then I am sure somebody will have a spare if you need it.
    Johnny

11. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

I'm bringing my DKM Blucher (Hipper class). Triple sterns, .5 pump. I have most everything spare that I need, though I may get a spare ESC, as well as bring emergency set ups for anything that blows up. Hopefully I wont need it. I have most of the hardware I need for Bismark, as I am pulling the guts out of my Nagato for it. The only thing I'm missing is the batteries. I plan to get LifePo4's for her, but I am gonna have to do a bit of saving for that, as I need both batts and a charger(s). But she's a more long term project, as right now shes just some ribs and keel pieces. Blucher's about ready, I'm at the point of testing her systems before I sheet her. Then its just a water test and painting/SS details. I'll be running her until bis is up and running. Then she'll be my backup.

12. warspite

warspite Active Member

Awesome!
    I got you signed up (albeit with the wrong Blucher). It will be great to see you again - I will be battling an I-Boat at Wades - a far cry from that rookie Scharny I battled with at Monaville all those years ago!
    See you in a coupleof weeks!

John

13. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

I'm really looking forward to it. Thought I wasn't gonna make it, but my wife gave me an early Christmas present this year! Can't wait (though I do need a little more time to finish getting my ship ready).

14. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Mike T, you're back! Are you dragging the Melton brothers with you? Steve R floats in and out, get him going too!

15. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

Haven't seen those guys in a while. I moved out to east texas (longview) after I finished my bachelors degree about four years ago.

16. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I hope to see you again at Wade's in March next year. Maybe we can drag those guys along too.

17. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

Look forward to it. I'll have to see if I can get in touch with the rest of the Armada.

18. Lou

This battle got moved to Texas, the water "dun dried'd up" at wades.

19. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

That sucks, hopefully it'll be back for Brouhahaha time :(

20. Lou

It is seasonal, should be ready for the spring battle (one of my favorite sites). Question will be, 1 or 2 alligators in attendance?