Famous quotes from 2018 IRCWCC NATIONALS

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by thegeek, Jul 10, 2018.

1. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

"If your alone you are on your own"
    The true secret to Allied dominance.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

First of all don't take your 5.5 unit battleship straight into the Axis fleet bow first all by yourself 1min into battle.
    Then when that ship is sunk, don't be the second guy to do the exact same thing. It didn't work for him, not going to work for you. Now we are down two ships and have not done any damage to their fleet in return.
    If it's late in battle and you drive into several Axis ships with no help from anyone and all of your fleetmates are 50-60' away don't yell for help. The rest of the fleet doesn't have the bbs left to save you. Either don't drive into a pile of Axis ships alone or drive in and get out as fast as you can.
    Pretty simple, just look at the mini map.

NickMyers likes this.
  3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

O god lord.
    Nikki

4. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

did they at least declare "LEEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYYYY JENKINS!!!!!!" beforehand?

how are the Allies shaping up? any better today?

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

reports are the allied forces got whipped, losing by 60k points.

Panzer likes this.
  6. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

The Texas Battle Squadron was there in force!!!!! Yamato's, Nagato's, And Kongo's Oh Mi...… There were Seydlitzes and Bismarks, Kawashi, Nassau, Ostfriesland, VDT's, Graf Spee and Glorie as well. It appears that Ming the Merciless has shown mercy and granted the defeated a reprieve from his purple death ray until next Nats. It was a great time for all. Charley and his wife were absolutely amazing. We are very lucky in this hobby to have such amazing people. I have had the opportunity over the last 2 Nats to meet many of the legends in this hobby as well as many of the future legends that will grace this obsession. I count myself fortunate to have had the opportunity over the past week to have shared your time and knowledge at Nats this year. I hope everyone has a safe trip home and Fair winds and Following seas to all.

Craig

Lou, Sethie, Kevin P. and 2 others like this.
  7. Anvil_x

pics or it didn't happen bro.

8. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

We all had a great time. Ran all 3 of my ships over the week, found the Bismarck was a little stern heavy, had to add 8 oz of weight to the bow. We were quite out numbered, it seemed like I was surrounded 1/2 the time, by 4 to 5 Allied boats shooting at me.

Steve came up with a new way to try to sink a Bismarck, he thought if he parked the stern of his NC up on the deck of my Bismarck, and chopped his way through my deck with his propellers, I would take on excess water that way, lol. Instead he broke one of his steel dog-bones.

Later in the same battle, I was actually pushed over by 3 different boats backing into me at the same time, 2 of them Axis.

WillCover and Panzer like this.
  9. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

It was my first Nat's and I had a great time. It was great being cannon fodder for the obviously well experienced, well equipped, and well motivated Texas Axis group! :woot:

I ran my Barham and Atlanta. Learned the Barham would develop a starboard list which meant it wasn't long till she hit the bottom. That will be addressed with a new water channeling scheme. The Atlanta participated in both Campaign battles, the Wednesday cruiser battle, and some one on one on Friday. The Atlanta ran really well and actually did some damage with it's forward offset wing turrets. Looking forward to future battles.

Lou, Kevin P. and WillCover like this.
  10. Anvil_x

oh good, I'm not the only one with that listing problem. looking forward to seeing your solution.

11. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

It was a pleasure to meet you in person and you made a great looking ship!

12. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

My favorite is " Man in the Waaaaattteeerrrrrr!"

Panzer likes this.
  13. djranier

Mine was "What the hell"

NickMyers and Kevin P. like this.
  14. Sinkazuki

Sinkazuki Active Member

Hey! Who ate all the dinner roles?

15. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Another one I liked " RAAAAM on Mark uh Jeff uh Johnny "

16. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

"No, No don't push me in".

Monday , and most of Tuesday morning the IJN Musashi was dead in the water.
    Interleaved Drive props looked like a good idea, NOT. I like to try new stuff, and for the most part
    I make it work. But this was a HUGE mistake. It worked on my Espana build, but in the Moo it didn't
    scale well at all. Needless to say she is on the blocks now and more conventional drive will be used.

And here is the lesson:

IJN Musashi was not sunk or even greatly damaged in all 5 sorties, as she sat helpless for 5 minutes each time.
    In fact in the last of the five she sat there almost totally unmolested. I could not understand why, but I didn't want to attract
    attention by being pushed in closer to shore, I just waited out my 5 minutes.

And the Question:

Why after several bad sorties did the Allied not jump on her at first to score a easy win? I don't have a clue, and I am afraid
    neither do the Allied?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Panzer likes this.
  17. djranier

They never noticed, plus your boats usually always work, so they may have thought it was a trap to suck them in?

18. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Too bad I wasn't there. I always like pestering Carl when he's sitting there minding his own business. ;)

19. Sinkazuki

Sinkazuki Active Member

Who are admirals next year?

20. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Lide and Palmer.. should be epic. Hopefully they will start herding the flock soon to so everyone can be ready