Found! Fastgun 75 round coil gun

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by wdodge0912, Aug 27, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a reliable 75 round coiled magazine gun for fastgun. I am using BC breech guns, so that would be preferable. Let me know what you have.

2. wdodge0912

Bump. Still looking.

3. wdodge0912

Bump. Still looking. Anyone got one?

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Have you tried reaching out to BC to see if they can make you one? I'm not sure what their policy is these days. I don't have any 75 round coils that aren't installed presently. I recently made one with a plastic magazine, but it remains to be seen how well it actually works for me.

5. wdodge0912

I asked on the discord back in August and sent an email as well but I haven't gotten a reply. I haven't tried any other means of contact though or follow up.

6. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

:confused::confused::confused: So does that mean you do not want the one I have been offering up multiple times now?????:confused::confused::confused:

Beaver, Justin Ragucci and Kevin P. like this.
  7. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You’re looking for a reliable coil mag. Those don’t exist. Coil mags are much harder to protect from damage and are easily dinged by bbs. Once dinged they can not be fixed where a straight mag can be most of the time. Coils mags are also too tall inside the ship and get in the way of everything in there.
    Use a straight mag. Or a straight mag you bend around a little yourself.

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Or 3d print you cannon. ABS is more resistant to dings than copper, and can coil much tighter too. I've got a few designs, and other people have some too. I'm bringing some examples to the battle in NC this weekend in my predreads.

9. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

What the easiest way to pertect the guns??
    Nikki

10. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Don't battle with them.

Evan Fowler and Beaver like this.
  11. wdodge0912

We haven't been able to come to a deal, so wasn't sure if it was still on the table. was bumping to see if anyone else had one.

I have a straight mag now. it's a pain to get in and out the way the boat is built, and also gets in the way of the straight mags for the sterns. I have all the room in the world right where the barbette is, i have my motor too far stern, but that does leave more room for the coil. I could easily have an entire pvc piece slide down through the barbette to protect the coils. since that section of the deck doesn't come off, taking the straight out now means taking the barrel off and cutting all the mounting to pull it. I could make the coil mag apart of the turret and just pull it straight up through the barbette once disconnecting it from the solenoid of course.

I don't have a 3d printer.

12. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Just make the changes I mentioned previously to the deck / motor location (after battle season ends). Motor should be moved forward to partially under the haymaker turret. Changing to a coil mag is only going after one symptom of the larger problem. Why do you think you need to pull out the gun frequently? Coil mags also limit where the elbow ends up in the barbette, which can hurt down angle. You should really just trust the guys that have been there, done that - everything doesn't have to be an uphill battle

13. wdodge0912

I'm hoping a coil gun will be a quick solution so I can get it battling and move on to the next ship.

My battle season never started this year, so really I could start the work at any point in time. I just don't want to as I'm just tired of the ship. If I was battling and had other ships going I probably would do it, but I haven't battled at all this year because I've been without a ship.

The problems I'm having with the 75 straight mag in it now is not only the fact that it's not removable at all, but the magazine is also in the way of the starboard gun. I have to finagle the starboard stern gun mag around down by the T to get it in, while also making sure the Port gun goes into the proper place as well. I could move the 75s mag inboard of the sterns, but then I have no way to make it mount solidly. I know I won't have to remove them a ton, but if I went with a coil mag, it just puts everything for that gun in all the empty space I have.

Without chopping and redoing the deck, and at that point the motor mount and shaft as well, the coil seems to be the quickest way to get rid of the problem I have of the stern gun mags catching the mags of the haymaker.

If I had the time and wasn't fed up with messing around with the ship, I'd probably do all the necessary work to get it how it should have been done. But Im at the point I just want to get it in the water. I still need to figure out how to get 1 pound bilge keels (each side) on the boat. Lead would probably be the best, and I have the materials, but have no way to melt it down anymore after the 65+ year old gas burner I used finally gave up last time I tried to.

14. Kevin P.

Dude, if the deck hatches fit with the guns pointed in roughly the right direction, it’s ready for battle. I don’t see a reason why you need to remove the stern guns during an event. Make sure the end cap is set correctly so the guns will shoot and glued in place before putting them in the boat. Lead bilge keels also aren’t needed, a wide boat like Baden doesn’t roll unless there’s serious weight distribution issues. If the boat can drive and the pump works, you can battle it. Any guns working are a bonus. You can have fun by just Ram sinking @kgaigalas. Isn’t there a battle tomorrow? Just show up and figure it out

15. wdodge0912

As I was told and heavily criticized when going to a build to try and get the guns together, working and installed, ks that all the guns need to be easily removable. Just what I was told, and then spent 4 or so hours moslty hearing about it and not got accomplished.

The bilge keels really are to get the ship to the weight it needs to be at. It floats pretty well, bit is underweight. At least it's underweight to where I'm told it should be at.

I just need to tighten the caps on the sterns and they shoild be good, once I get some time to do so, the 75 will have to come out and get worked on.

I work so I won't be able to make the battle. I might be able to stop in for a short bit, but we'll see how tomorrow goes. We have a lot of vacation time being used, with sick time before that, so I migjt get stuck working, won't know until about an hour before.

16. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Get yourself a HF tube bender and make your own coiled mags.

17. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

18. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

That thing looks like an alien :)
    Nikki

19. wdodge0912

probably works better than the straight mag 75 I have now.

20. Kevin P.

The value you get from a build session is determined by the attitude you bring. You should view every suggestion as a way to improve your boat, not heavy criticism. Battlers are willing to help, but eventually if their advice gets continually ignored that will start to die off, naturally. There's a difference between making something work and an optimum build. Weight can be easily added inside the boat, I've seen people use rocks in a pinch.

kgaigalas, Justin Ragucci and Beaver like this.