February 2019 Build Meet

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Battle Group' started by bmarkb, Jan 9, 2019.

1. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Looking to schedule a build meet for February, hopefully in the Fredericksburg area. Would like everyone’s inputs on where, when, etc...

I believe people should plan to bring their boats that are close to completion, just need overhaul, etc..., along with the necessary parts and any tools. Likewise, we should bring parts and tools to share, too.

Tom is taking lead to look at a location, but I don’t think he has to bear sole responsibility - if you have a location or idea, please speak up.

I intend to bring BB Gascogne to work on. I will bring all my hand tools and Dremel. If the location permits, probably a small bandsaw and drill press.

Please provide inputs.

2. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Our February build meet has been scheduled for Saturday, February 23. We have the barn available at our Battle pond in Unionville. However, we are also looking to have the meet at a maker space, probably in Richmond, because the barn does not have electrical power available and the weather might be a bit shaky for us using the barn.

I would love to hear feedback and suggestions for this and future meets this year. I would like to schedule another build meet in March and battles for April and May. I also intend to go to NABGO this year and would like to carpool with someone to Texas.

3. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Location is set for HobbyTown: 4143 Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
    Our nominal time is from 11 to 3.

ALL INVITED

NickMyers likes this.
  4. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

I wish :'(
    Nikki

5. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Had a great time. Met Eric, talked to several folks about our hobby, and got some work done on Gascogne to prep for the battling season.

Thanks to HobbyTown USA in Fredericksburg for hosting us!

6. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Sorry for keeping you from your work guys :'(
    Nikki

7. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

Any future meetings planned? I’m looking to get into the fun and enjoyment of battles