Fiberglass Gloire hull from Strikemodels

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by froggyfrenchman, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I was also able to obtain a new Gloire class French light cruiser hull from Strike Models.
    I have had several of these hulls when Swampy was still making them, and the one thing that I noticed about the hull from Strike Models is that it is similar in quality to the best of the hulls that I got from Swampy.
    I think that Swampy had a few different fiberglass shops over the years, and some of the hulls were better than others, when it came to the gel-coat, hull thickness, and such.
    Anyhow, the hull that I got from Strike Models, is very nice indeed, with the white gel-coat, crisp edges, nice thick sides, and uniform thickness on the bottom. A true work of art.
    Mikey

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The French completed 6 of these fine light cruisers.
    La Galissoniere, Jean De Vienne, Marseillaise, Gloire, Montcalm, and Georges Leygues.
    They have twin shafts, and a single rudder, and they were fast. 35-36 knots.
    Over the years, there have been quite a lot of these fine ships built in pretty much all of the various formats of R/C warship combat.
    They are a fairly enjoyable build, and a real treat to battle with.
    Mikey

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

They make a great combat ship fast and maneuverable with a low profile. Deadly in stern to stern .

4. Rookie battler

Rookie battler New Member

Hey can someone explain the exponents of a battleship, such as the hull, weapons, ect....?

5. Rookie battler

Rookie battler New Member

Hey can someone explain the exponents of a battleship, such as the hull, weapons, ect....?

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Probably better to start a new thread in the General category to get the answers you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.