Fiberglass hulls.

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by rcaircraftnut, Jan 31, 2018.

1. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Got the awning framework done. Now when I get more money I can replace the tarps with tin roofing but for now my boat is in a dry work area lol.

2. rcaircraftnut

Things have slowed to a crawl again as I've taken a major financial hit having to change jobs before I was ready. But that's life. It's just going to take longer that's all.

3. rcaircraftnut

Been a while. Been busy with work. Traded my 85 k5 blazer for a 94 z28 camaro. Had a good quiet Christmas. Just the folks and I. No drams, no b.s. it was awesome. Lol.
    Getting a new house next month. Just waiting on the evictees to get gone lol. Comes with a large shop. 30x50? Not sure. Its BIG! Concrete floor too. I am going to have the room now to go back to building hotrods and ratrods for a living. Met a guy that has a car lot and 160 classic cars from 1940 to the 70s. 90% of them are just bodys. He wants to partner woth me and build them to sell. I am really trying to make this happen. If it does i may have to shelve the boat hull and cannon sales idea for the foreseeable future.

Beaver likes this.
  4. rcaircraftnut

My goodness but it's been awhile. None of the car shop stuff worked out. Go figure . Anyway I did complete the rebuilt of my 16' Bass tracker and done a bunch of fishing. Now I am working on my 3d printer so I can get some RC projects moving again. Just got my second Bigtreetech SKR PRO V1.1 Mainboard. I fried something in the first one . Got it installed and am now working on getting the newest version of Marlin firmware compiled and installed. Went with the TMC 2209 Drivers and man are they quiet. Did a bunch of frame stiffening upgrades and a 24v bed with 3 point leveling. Trying a PEI sheet for a print surface. Got the TFT 35 V3.0 display. And 3 separate power supplies

5. rcaircraftnut

Ok I either have a second board that has the same issue or nothing is wrong with the boards and it's a firmware issue. I cannot make the z endstop work. The led on the board gets brighter but it never stops moving towards the bed.

6. Julian Barbera

Julian Barbera Active Member

hmm? Double check all your stepper driver settings. Make sure there running in the correct modes and all jumpers are correct.

7. rcaircraftnut

Figured it out. I was using the wrong pins in the connector for the endstop. I now have two good SKR PRO V 1.1 Mainboards. Lol. Printing a phone case in flexible from solutech rite now. Appears to be under extruding a bit on the finer details but quite usable. Going to start dialing in the settings this week.

8. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

I have a 1982 full size Chevy truck that I have had to replace the windows and steering column 8 times. Some one had attempted to steal it 8 different times, not a very good car theef. lol I made changes to the wiring that 8 attempts couldn't figure out