Finally a Summer run with Roma and Yamato !

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Aug 20, 2009.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

:woot: Well with the very humid weather and hot temperatures I was able to get Yamato and Roma out together and simultaneously. I had a coworker operate Yamato and I took Roma. Sea were light to moderate along with the wind. Both ships ran together very well conducting Fleet Maneuvering and changing stations. Both were Armed:whistling: and I managed to knock off a AA director off Yamato's port side. We were just exchanging shots to put on a show.
    Roma lost rvse control and upon inspection some water droplets fell on the taps of the throttle switchs. It shorted out both switches and I lost fwd control too. Hmmm this never happens to Yamato...must get better switches and use Dielectric grease on the metal prongs of the switches and connectors. :doze:
    Roma was out but Yamato continued on to my co-workers glee. It did lose steering control on the other side of the pond but he was able to get it to the other side where I in my Hip waders.. :eek:;)upgraded my rubber boots. Thank god for that cause when I entered the water to retrieve the model I sank right up to my chest. It was like quicksand and water was beginning to get into my waders. :cry: With herculean o_O:crying::mad:effort I managed to free my left leg and then my other leg and I was able to get solid footing. I fixed the steering problem and sent Yamato on its way again out to sea.
    We continued the day with Yammer navigating the full length of the pond against strong wind and large waves. The only causuality was a lifeboat that was knocked clear off the flight deck by large waves.
    All in all a Great day for a run. :):cool::p

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Nice to hear you got both out for a run. Moisture in the throttle is a thing that would have been cured with scotchcote or a waterproof esc. Some of my club members use the delta board relays for switched throttle control.
    http://teamdelta.com/products/prod2.htm
    It's amazing how sensitive these ships can be. The grease is a good idea and at least you found a problem before there were 10 ships on the water pounding away at you.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I was glad to find that bugaboo. Roma hasn't seen any action yet so it's good to work out any bugs before it sees any real action. I will use the scotchcoat or simiiliar product. Better Throttle switches would work too. The pair on Yamato doesn't care about water immersion.

4. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

How come these problems do not occur in battle? ;
    Marty

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Except for my boat going dead in the water twice at Nats.......

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well the parts are from Japan soooo the reliability is better...owtch!!

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

There she is !!! Theerre she is!!!! Not so wounded as we were led to believe. So much the better..... FIRE!!

9. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

God She's huge!!! but she's a great ship tho!!!
    Nikki

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

It's a beast. Almost as long as the MO but much fatter. I will be getting it back to the look of the ship in this photo soon.

11. Craig

Craig Active Member

It is hugeish in scale Curt.... But there is one just a tinsy bit bulkier I think... :p

lol

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I think I know to what you are referring to there Captn Jack.

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

;) hehehehe The Ships? lol I mean you went there buddy.... you.... drove... the ship.......