Fleet Ops 144 issue is ready for viewing

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by bkoehler, Aug 11, 2019.

1. bkoehler

bkoehler Active Member

Hi SAS,

I posted on the website (some of you may have gotten direct email) already, but the next edition of the "Fleet Ops 144" newsletter is finished and available. Just in time for some weekend reading!
    -- many MANY thanks to those captains who submitted photos, battle notes, and articles!

https://mailchi.mp/576f988aca1e/winter-spring-2019-edition-of-fleet-ops-144

Hope you all enjoy, and I'll see some of you this Sunday for the build session. Hopefully we will be drive testing several ships!

BrianK
    PS: I am always looking for battle reports, product reviews, a tech tip, or even just a story, for the next edition of the newsletter. Please feel free to email about what you'd like to see i the newsletter, or (even better) an idea for a submission

2. bkoehler

bkoehler Active Member

WillCover and Renodemona like this.
  3. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Say, that's a neat-o coating you guys have there....

Has Phil found any limits in the application?

4. bkoehler

bkoehler Active Member

I know he has sunk (and electronics survived). I'm not sure he's had too much time to test more (or what "limits" would test - depth is not going to matter)

A number of Captains have used MG Chemicals coating before (with good success) so I imagine this will work just as fine (it just has the nice UV compound to help see if you covered things thoroughly)

BrianK

5. Anvil_x

okay cool. I was more referring to temperature endurance. You guys have worse weather than Kuwait, so I was figuring that might enter into the calculations

6. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

That's not even funny to joke about.

7. Anvil_x

Tell me about it. In July 2010, I went from downright pleasant weather in Eastern Afghanistan, to a dry blast furnace in Kuwait, to the very Jaws of Hell in Atlanta.

While leaving Hartsfield-Jackson with my family, the blast of Humid Hatred, Misery and Suffering smacked me in the face like the barbed whip-tail of an enraged Swamp Otter, and I yelled an expletive, followed by "I've had enough of this crap, send me back to war!"

buttsakauf likes this.
  8. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

There is one small one-up to this. Bahrain . A tiny island kingdom in the shallows off the coast of Saudi. Brutal heat plus shamal winds that carry sand over from Saudi. All in a humidity bath. I’ve seen heat indexes of 140°F+ all while standing watch in with plates and without shade on top of the ship. Yuck. Luckily they cut watches to two hours so people wouldn’t pass out.

9. Anvil_x

lol that was one of our R&R destinations.

10. bkoehler

bkoehler Active Member

acomputerdog and NickMyers like this.